56. Mark Stoops
62. Barry Odom

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Orgeron is standing on one more brick than Butch.
McElwain almost as good a Mullen = that's pretty kewl.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
#SEC
1. Nick Saban
19. Gus Malzahn
21. Dan Mullen

23. Jim McElwain
27. Bret Bielema
33. Hugh Freeze
37. Will Muschamp
40. Kevin Sumlin
48. Ed Orgeron
52. Butch Jones
53. Derek Mason
54. Kirby Smart
56. Mark Stoops
62. Barry Odom

5 of those were in the their top 10 lists during the 2014 season. Mullen shouldn't be in front of Freeze or Sumlin despite being at Miss State. How is Bielema that high with his atrocious SEC record?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How is Bielema that high with his atrocious SEC record?
Maybe someone is actually taking into account he is at a Power 5 school that will never have Power 5 talent across the board (think Vandy without the academics) yet he still wins about 5X's more often against ranked teams than guy like McNeuheisal who has pick of the litter talent at his feet and manages to get smashed every time a ranked team shows up....Or it maybe that his offense makes games entertaining and fun to watch more often than not....When was the last time UF beat a team that it didn't have a HUGE talent advantage over? Bert does it 4 or 5 times a season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe someone is actually taking into account he is at a Power 5 school that will never have Power 5 talent across the board (think Vandy without the academics) yet he still wins about 5X's more often against ranked teams than guy like McNeuheisal who has pick of the litter talent at his feet and manages to get smashed every time a ranked team shows up....Or it maybe that his offense makes games entertaining and fun to watch more often than not....When was the last time UF beat a team that it didn't have a HUGE talent advantage over? Bert does it 4 or 5 times a season.

I think they aren't looking at stuff closely with him or Mullen. Houston Nutt had a winning SEC record at Arkansas and made 2 SEC Championship games. Bielema is 1- 0 against Mac however.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'd take Sumlin over Butters any day as coach. While I'm not impressed with his coaching, I'm impressed with his ability to recruit and raise money. So, I'd take Smart over Butters as well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think they aren't looking at stuff closely with him or Mullen. Houston Nutt had a winning SEC record at Arkansas and made 2 SEC Championship games. Bielema is 1- 0 against Mac however.
That was pre Saban and the West was pretty bad back then. Petrino was also close but both he and Nutt cheated pretty bad and left the program in horrible shape when they left.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Richt and Franklin in the top 20...the East is just garbage from a coaching stand point.

The rankings reflect the garbage. We have the bottom 5 in conference. Bret just embarrassed Mac head to head so I'm not sure Mac is better. Mac's record is BLOATED because the East is so poor. Freaking midget wrestling in the East.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take Sumlin over Butters any day as coach. While I'm not impressed with his coaching, I'm impressed with his ability to recruit and raise money. So, I'd take Smart over Butters as well.
Sumlins no world beater but he's a better coach amd recruiter than mac. For the life of me i just don't get how this dude cracks the top 25.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Richt and Franklin in the top 20...the East is just garbage from a coaching stand point.

The rankings reflect the garbage. We have the bottom 5 in conference. Bret just embarrassed Mac head to head so I'm not sure Mac is better. Mac's record is BLOATED because the East is so poor. Freaking midget wrestling in the East.
Im hard-pressed to think of a division in P5 football that is worse than the SEC East. Maybe Pac12 south.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlins no world beater but he's a better coach amd recruiter than mac. For the life of me i just don't get how this dude cracks the top 25.
Sumlin would own and destroy the east. Hed probably be a real threat if he managed to hire a DC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bret just embarrassed Mac head to head so I'm not sure Mac is better. Mac's record is BLOATED because the East is so poor. Freaking midget wrestling in the East.
Bert Bielema makes his team worse every year he is there. He is every bit as incompetent at recruiting as Butters is.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
SECn had Mac 2nd with some love for Mullen and a brief argument for Mahlzan - quickly dismissed, Sumlin they thought would be the first fired.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Really don't understand why Mac should be in the top 50. He's an offensive coach that has been in the 100's both seasons he coached at UF. He's a complete
:trainwreck:!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator