CBS sports power 5 coaching rankings

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Really don't understand why Mac should be in the top 50. He's an offensive coach that has been in the 100's both seasons he coached at UF. He's a complete
:trainwreck:!!!
Next season will tell us all we need to confirm this. He will no longer be able to hide behind Muschamp's defensive recruits...But the real test will be if 3 years of recruiting players for his offensive system yields any better than piss poor results. If not the results will show up at about mid season and at that point a firm decision needs to be made by the higher ups IMO.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Im hard-pressed to think of a division in P5 football that is worse than the SEC East. Maybe Pac12 south.
Sad really when you consider the geographical recruiting advantage of the schools that make up the East. It really shows how poor coaching has drug down historically relevant programs like UGA, UT and despite our fluffed up overall record for the last 2 years, even UF....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
8 losses in 2 seasons is a "fluffed up" record?

Good Lord, I miss Spurrier...
Some would have us believe so.....I simply meant that from a competition stand point. We play 6 divisional games which are all marginal teams, then a couple of directional schools......everybody else we play just kicks our a$$:lol2:

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Really don't understand why Mac should be in the top 50. He's an offensive coach that has been in the 100's both seasons he coached at UF. He's a complete
:trainwreck:!!!

I think the issue is his win/loss record (which is pretty good), and winning SEC East division. I know all Gator fans want more, but it could be a lot worse.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the issue is his win/loss record (which is pretty good), and winning SEC East division. I know all Gator fans want more, but it could be a lot worse.

Yep the second place SEC East teams may stop having 4-4 and 5-3 SEC records while Mac is here and start having 7-1 or 6-2 SEC records like they had the 4 years Muschamp was here.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It also could be a lot better. And let talk about his win lose record against teams with a pulse. Let's talk about the fact the he needed OT to beat beat FAU, let's talk about the fact the TN had to choke on a simple curl route with a minute to go in a game that they were winning the whole time, let's talk about the 2 Vandy games and the one UK game, let's talk about the fact that he still has not scored an offensive td against FSU. I don't care about the cupcake wins. His body of work is awful and if he has even an ok year it really needs to be discussed that he's fired before he really sets us back because of his terrible recruiting abilities.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Im sorry, but this statement is just sad. Im not picking on Mac, but his record thus far has no business being associated with the University of Florida.

He's 19-8 the last two years. Could be better, could be much worse. This year will be interesting, because I'm expecting Georgia to be better. As long as the Gators beat TN...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's 19-8 the last two years. Could be better, could be much worse. This year will be interesting, because I'm expecting Georgia to be better. As long as the Gators beat TN...
None of that has anything to do with the fact that 8 losses in 2 years has no place at UF. It simply doesnt. 4 loss per year averages are reserved for the NC States and West Vaginas of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator