Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From 5* to undrafted FA? :scratchhead:

I doubt he's a first rounder, but UFA?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say. If they let him just play DE mostly he will probably go pretty high but if they play him at DT quite a bit his production won't be nearly as good. The NFL might ignore the DT play mostly however.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on how much DT he's forced to play this year. If he can stay outside at DE, he's got a chance to have a great season. He's too light to have a great season on the inside.

Dangit Fever, we must've posted at almost the same moment!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What has Cece done to warrant being drafted?

Not his fault he was being thrown in at DT when he is a DE in reality. I saw him make some really good moves on a couple of our Tackles in the Spring game when lined up at DE.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not everything the NFL scouts look at show up in a stat line.

CeCe is a DE period. He shouldn't be playing DT, and NFL scouts know that.
Like I said, I would get him not going 1st round...but he has too much talent to go undrafted...I'm pretty baffled why you'd even think he isn't good enough to be drafted.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Uh, he was responsible for our only 2 points against Fsu 2 years ago, and he from Baker County my hometown. But seriously, don't know about 1st rd, but if he has a good year at DE I could see him going as high as 2nd rd.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, shouldn't CeCe be a 2019 draft prospect?
I wouldn't expect him to go in 2018, not unless he's able to stick at DE, and has an outstanding year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Not everything the NFL scouts look at show up in a stat line.

CeCe is a DE period. He shouldn't be playing DT, and NFL scouts know that.
Like I said, I would get him not going 1st round...but he has too much talent to go undrafted...I'm pretty baffled why you'd even think he isn't good enough to be drafted.

The NFL looks at tape and his tape shows a guy that shouldn't be drafted right now with emphasis on right now. I think he'll finally end up a third day pick when his career is over. But all the article has to go on is his career so far.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Cece is probably a mid rounder. I know the Browns are terrible but why would they pass on QB again if they are picking first? That's just an awful mock.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL looks at tape and his tape shows a guy that shouldn't be drafted right now with emphasis on right now. I think he'll finally end up a third day pick when his career is over. But all the article has to go on is his career so far.
His career is 2 years where he spent much of the time playing out of position.

Like I said in the other post unless he has an outstanding year, and allowed to play the correct position, I'd believe he'll come back for his senior season, and be drafted in the 2019 draft. He's 2nd-4th round talent in that draft, and I'd lean 2nd or 3rd round, again unless he has an outstanding year and build his stock up.

I would be absolutely shocked, if he went undrafted in either draft though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cece is probably a mid rounder. I know the Browns are terrible but why would they pass on QB again if they are picking first? That's just an awful mock.

Probably assuming like a number of people they are going to try to get McCarron or the qb out of New England who will be unrestricted free agents next year, and Cleveland should have even more extra cash next offseason.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Browns gonna be good soon. You heard it here first :suspect:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just point this out, this draft also shows the New England Patriots winning the Super Bowl over the Dallas Cowboys.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stopped reading when they had cryin Bryan cowart on the list. Guy has like 5 career tackles.

This is what I thought was so stupid. The guy was moved to DT because he is a bust at DE and they want to try to get him on the field.

As far as CeCe goes, the guy wasn't even a starter last year (Cox & Sherit were). He made several starts due to injury. I imagine he has a good year this year (I hope), but he needs more time or a MONSTER year to be a high draft pick. His size is his biggest issue (not many 6'1 DE's going in the 1st round).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't the knock on him out of HS was that he didn't have prototypical height? Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder who will outperform expectations and have a decent career. Maybe like a Mincey type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator