CeCe Jefferson had shoulder surgery - out until Aug?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
They popped the shoulder back in on the sidelines right in front of where we were sitting. Im not a doctor (and dont play one on TV) but does a torn labrum require resetting the shoulder?
Most likely he has chronic instability due to a torn labrum. If they are trying to rehab his RC and dynamic scapular strengthening as opposed to surgery to repair the labrum they are wasting their fking time. Young, elite athletes do horribly with a conservative (non surgical) approach. Should have already had the surgery and missed two a days and spring game IMO.

I would equate it to a RB trying to continue playing with a torn ACL and they don't even wait a week to repair those but some reason they like to put Suli's and other straping devices on the pads to try to stabilize the GH joint. Doesnt work well, particularly for a D or O lineman.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was Laugh Out Loud funny!
9c1053106890853fd20ecdf08d57afc0.jpg

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Report: CeCe Jefferson had shoulder surgery, status for season-opener in question

Cece Jefferson reportedly had shoulder surgery on Wednesday.

CeCe Jefferson figures to be one of the more important players for Dan Mullen and the Florida Gators this upcoming season. But he’ll spend the next few months rehabbing, as he had right shoulder surgery, according to the Gainesville Sun’s Robbie Andreu.

Per Andreu Jefferson will miss four months with the injury, which puts him out until mid-August. Florida opens its 2018 season on Sept. 1 when the Gators host Charleston Southern.

Last season, Jefferson racked up 47 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks for the Gators. He bypassed the 2018 NFL Draft, and decided to come back to Florida for his senior season. Jefferson was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school and the 2017 campaign was his best as a Gator, as he led the team in tackles for a loss and sacks.

Andreu added that Jefferson could be out for all of preseason camp and that his source on the matter called the injury significant. Jefferson’s injury occurred during the first half of Florida’s spring game which was held this past Saturday.

Florida brought in Todd Grantham to run the defense for Mullen. Last year, Grantham worked wonders for the Mississippi State defense as the Bulldogs won 9 games and went from 110th in total defense in 2016 to 10th in 2017. Florida finished 31st in total defense last season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to hear that. The shoulder joint will never be right and likely will limit his seeing his potential.

I sure hope he can buck the odds, but I doubt it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sucks to hear. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wish him luck, but that shoulder may not ever be normal again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yours is an equally large assumption.

I think I'll go with the thinking that once dislocated, a shoulder is forever vulnerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.