Celtics legend Jo Jo White DEAD

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
BOSTON -- Celtics legend Jo Jo White, a two-time NBA champion and Finals MVP, died Tuesday at age 71.

"My dad died from complications (pneumonia) from dementia that was brought on by the removal of a benign brain tumor in May 2010," his daughter, Meka White Morris, told The Undefeated.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of an incredible husband and father," White's family said in a statement. "He was a Hall Of Fame basketball player but an even better man. We sincerely appreciate all of the love and continued prayers, but we ask for privacy as we spend time as a family reflecting and celebrating his life."

White, a seven-time All-Star, averaged 17.2 points, 4.9 assists and 4.0 rebounds over 12 NBA seasons. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2015.http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-celtics-great-basketball-hall-famer-dies-71

he had a real compact jump shot and real accurate............

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smooth as silk point guard who paired with Cowens to add two more titles to the Celtics trophy case.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was never a Celtics fan but I admired their great players.
JoJo was a great player and a class guy all the way around.

The NBA lost a great member of their fraternity which means one less class guy and more room for the mercenaries and malcontents

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Sigh...I am getting old....musicians, actors/actresses, athletes that I grew up with are dropping like flies....I read where Dwight Clark has ALS....jeez. They all seemed so invincible from a kid's eye....not so much. Not sure I will be able to work when the likes of Mick, Keith, Pete, Roger, Neil, etc pass on....it is coming. Just don't want that day to come.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He was the Celtic bright spot in the one Celtics game I attended at Boston Garden - a lopsided loss to Dr. J’s 76ers in 1979, the spring before Bird arrived.

RIP

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
legends-white-970x442.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays