CENSORED BY OTHER BOARDS: A recruiting story that should make you all warm and cozy

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It was posted here before 46885 posted it on Rivals open forum. I think he got it from here or it could have came from 24/7 or Gator Country originally possibly before it got to the subscription forum there though Gator Country would probably ban someone for posting that. :lol2:

Maybe Slevin knows where it came from originally - the subscription forum at Rivals or one of the other places.
It originated on 24/7 and I just saw a post on GC that this story (along with several others) have been confirmed by Spivey. Soooo....this is legit news on this clusterf*ck!!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It originated on 24/7 and I just saw a post on GC that this story (along with several others) have been confirmed by Spivey. Soooo....this is legit news on this clusterf*ck!!!
JFC, guess that makes Nuss...
assclown.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I had told this story a little bit in the chat room, but I might as well share it here. A woman who is a teacher at an elite prep school listens to my podcasts and emails me on occasion, as her school is always a stop for major football programs. This year they have two four-star players and one 3-star player, so coaches have been coming and going, including Florida coaches. She's a Gator and knows these three players well, so she asked them why they didn't choose Florida. This was her last email to me:

Hi,
So I (finally) spoke to some of the football players and asked about Mac. They all really like Randy Shannon but said Mac doesn't give them a lot of attention AFTER he meets with them. Doesn't call often, etc. They all agreed he's not a good recruiter.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Other stories, including some from IMG are also coming out that sound very similar.

This isn't just a Mac and Nuss issue though. This is Drew Hughes, George Wynn, and John Herron.
Mac is ultimately to blame, because he overseas all of it. However this isn't just bad recruiting, this is just bad business and has nothing to do with talent or ability to sell a kid on your vision and everything to do about effort.

Looks like we're fu*ked and this starts at the top!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I had told this story a little bit in the chat room, but I might as well share it here. A woman who is a teacher at an elite prep school listens to my podcasts and emails me on occasion, as her school is always a stop for major football programs. This year they have two four-star players and one 3-star player, so coaches have been coming and going, including Florida coaches. She's a Gator and knows these three players well, so she asked them why they didn't choose Florida. This was her last email to me:

Hi,
So I (finally) spoke to some of the football players and asked about Mac. They all really like Randy Shannon but said Mac doesn't give them a lot of attention AFTER he meets with them. Doesn't call often, etc. They all agreed he's not a good recruiter.
This just goes back to what I was saying about Mac not being tenacious enough to recruit here. West Coast recruiting is vastly different than East Coast recruiting, and we have a West Coast guy.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This just goes back to what I was saying about Mac not being tenacious enough to recruit here. West Coast recruiting is vastly different than East Coast recruiting, and we have a Wesr Coast guy.

... or just a coasting guy ?

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
As stated, the OP got this from the forum on Rivals. The OP on the Rivals forum is a user with the screen name 46885 who starts the post with "If any of this is remotely true, my God...". Another poster states that they saw this information on another site as well. So this is a story floating around on the internet and no one is really sure where it originally came from.

That definitely sounds legit. If this were a story about pretty much anything else it would be treated with a lot of skepticism by most reasonable people.

Confirmation bias - the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.
Not really following along. The story came from rivals from a poster sansburyuf and he claims to be the oringiator of the story. Told to him and by him. Idk where it's being circulated elsewhere besides 24/7

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Just took a look at the GC link. It's like a secret society over there, everybody is scared to post an opinion asking the mods can I? HAHA!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
GC banned me for 5 months for being what they said was a troll for pointing out the blowout losses and his bad recruiting.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

The only post in that thread that mentions Spivey says "Sadly AS has confirmed some of the rumblings to real".

That doesn't say that Spivey confirms this story to be true and it isn't coming from Spivey. That post is just another anonymous user claiming that Spivey said something.

Can you please provide a link where Spivey himself confirms this particular story to be true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb