CFP National Title Game

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say let Saban get another Natty and be done with it. The sooner he achieves the same amount, or more, Nattys than Bear, the better. The closer he'll be to retiring.

Last edited:

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I despise UGA's success, I do enjoy all the whining about an all SEC title game.

And then this is interesting......

It's an SEC world - the rest of college athletics is living in it.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel the same way. WTF would want good things for our direct recruiting competitors? I wanted Oklahoma to win it all. I'm about sick to death of watching Alabama play in title games and wish nothing but a plague on Georgia. Screw 'em all.

I bet you don't have to live HERE. The next week is going to be absolutely UNBEARABLE. And if the puppies win, well, I don't even want to think about it. Bama opens -4, and I just think that the teacher is going to really school his pupil come next Monday night.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Danny kannell is such a whiny little b*tch. So much butthurt penis envy. Dude gets triggered daily at the thought of the SEC. I guess he's still sore about playing most of his career against the SEC from the back down, legs up position.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UGA is about the luckiest group Ive ever seen. If not for stupid calls by kid Riley, they should have been blown out by OU yesterday. I could have swore big game Bob was still calling the plays to lose. I mean who in their right mind does essentially an onside kick before half to hand feed a FG try?

Roger that. If you are Riley, you have to believe your kicker can boot it outta the end zone. Let the pups start at their own 25, with what, about 1 min left to play in half? At least force them to try to get it into FG range. Don't just give it to them. Those three pts were the difference between winning the game outright and going into OT.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Roger that. If you are Riley, you have to believe your kicker can boot it outta the end zone. Let the pups start at their own 25, with what, about 1 min left to play in half? At least force them to try to get it into FG range. Don't just give it to them. Those three pts were the difference between winning the game outright and going into OT.
Even worse..

"
Oklahoma had just taken a 31-14 lead on a touchdown with 6 seconds left. The Sooners then lined up for a kickoff, all seemingly a formality before halftime.

UGA_PMc10142017_121A_so28uf.jpg

Tae Crowder (30) during a kickoff earlier this season. He was in the same spot for the Oklahoma kickoff on Monday.
Tae Crowder, a backup inside linebacker for Georgia, was on the front line of the kickoff coverage unit. Oklahoma’s kick went right at him, an attempted squib kick. Crowder hopped on it.

“It was just like shortstop,” Crowder said, smiling. “I played a little shortstop in baseball.”

He also immediately hit the ground at the Oklahoma 47.

“Just got down,” Crowder said. “Just something you should do.”

Only one second went off the clock. It was a heady and athletic play by Crowder to field the ball cleanly and immediately hit the ground.

“I’d love to say that we coached that, I’d love to say that we work that all the time,” Beamer said, grinning. “That’s just really Tae Crowder, who’s a really good football player making a really, really good football play. Changed the game.”

So it was an unexpected boon for the offense. There was only one problem: Jim Chaney, Georgia’s offensive coordinator, was already en route from the press box to the locker room. The staff had figured there would be no more offensive plays. So coach Kirby Smart, receivers coach James Coley and other assistants had to quickly huddle and make a play call.

“I’m coming down with five or seconds left, and I didn’t have any idea,” Chaney said. “James said – well our staff, hell we’ve got a great staff, so it doesn’t shock me that our staff got that one right. And James did a good job, or whoever called it. A little speedy stash. And the rest is history.”

Receiver Terry Godwin went on an out pattern to the sideline. Quarterback Jake Fromm hit him with a quick pass that gained 9 yards, and the clock stopped with one second left.

That set up Rodrigo Blankenship, who had missed a 48-yarder earlier in the game. This one was longer, 55 yards, a length Blankenship had never hit at the college level in a game, and that nobody had hit in Rose Bowl history.

“It was a little bit out of range from what we talked about his range before the game,” Beamer said. “But a big-time kick by him.”

It was through, and instead of Georgia trailing by 17 at halftime, it was down 2 touchdowns, with a bit of momentum.

“Without field goal it wouldn’t have been tied like it was (in regulation),” receiver Mecole Hardman said. “But Rodrigo came through in the clutch, we needed that, momentum had stopped, and we went from there.”"

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/story-squib-kick-changed-the-game-georgia

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hahahaha. So autocorrect made Saban into Savannah. :lol:

OK, yes, I agree. I do think that as I posted before, I think the mentor is going to school his pupil. But I do think UGA has two aces in the hole: (1) Chubb/Michel are together better than any RB that Nick has and (2) despite being a freshman, Fromm throws a better ball and thinks through the plays better than Hurts does. However, if the Bama D does to Fromm what they did to Bryant, all bets are off. Fromm may not even have time to think through his progression, let alone throw the ball.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even worse..

"
Oklahoma had just taken a 31-14 lead on a touchdown with 6 seconds left. The Sooners then lined up for a kickoff, all seemingly a formality before halftime.

UGA_PMc10142017_121A_so28uf.jpg

Tae Crowder (30) during a kickoff earlier this season. He was in the same spot for the Oklahoma kickoff on Monday.
Tae Crowder, a backup inside linebacker for Georgia, was on the front line of the kickoff coverage unit. Oklahoma’s kick went right at him, an attempted squib kick. Crowder hopped on it.

“It was just like shortstop,” Crowder said, smiling. “I played a little shortstop in baseball.”

He also immediately hit the ground at the Oklahoma 47.

“Just got down,” Crowder said. “Just something you should do.”

Only one second went off the clock. It was a heady and athletic play by Crowder to field the ball cleanly and immediately hit the ground.

“I’d love to say that we coached that, I’d love to say that we work that all the time,” Beamer said, grinning. “That’s just really Tae Crowder, who’s a really good football player making a really, really good football play. Changed the game.”

So it was an unexpected boon for the offense. There was only one problem: Jim Chaney, Georgia’s offensive coordinator, was already en route from the press box to the locker room. The staff had figured there would be no more offensive plays. So coach Kirby Smart, receivers coach James Coley and other assistants had to quickly huddle and make a play call.

“I’m coming down with five or seconds left, and I didn’t have any idea,” Chaney said. “James said – well our staff, hell we’ve got a great staff, so it doesn’t shock me that our staff got that one right. And James did a good job, or whoever called it. A little speedy stash. And the rest is history.”

Receiver Terry Godwin went on an out pattern to the sideline. Quarterback Jake Fromm hit him with a quick pass that gained 9 yards, and the clock stopped with one second left.

That set up Rodrigo Blankenship, who had missed a 48-yarder earlier in the game. This one was longer, 55 yards, a length Blankenship had never hit at the college level in a game, and that nobody had hit in Rose Bowl history.

“It was a little bit out of range from what we talked about his range before the game,” Beamer said. “But a big-time kick by him.”

It was through, and instead of Georgia trailing by 17 at halftime, it was down 2 touchdowns, with a bit of momentum.

“Without field goal it wouldn’t have been tied like it was (in regulation),” receiver Mecole Hardman said. “But Rodrigo came through in the clutch, we needed that, momentum had stopped, and we went from there.”"

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/story-squib-kick-changed-the-game-georgia

I couldn't remember just how much time was left. Holy s**t, just 6 ticks?!?!?! What WAS Riley thinking of??? Just boot it through the endzone, let the Doggies start at the 25, they'll never get close enough for a FG. What a f^^king idiot.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
As much as I despise UGA's success, I do enjoy all the whining about an all SEC title game.

And then this is interesting......

I love it!

ordinarily I would root for Georgia or Alabama to lose but with all the crap the SEC is been taking I love it there two SEC teams playing for it all and it's pissing off sports fans and media.

I do not want Bama to lurch another nc without playing in the sec title game.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
As hard as it will be I'm pulling for Georgia! I work with a bunch of loud mouth bama fans and I just can't take listening to them anymore. I was really hoping Clemson would do me a favor that obviously didn't happen.

When it's all said and done, I'm just happy that cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** Baker Mayfield didn't win! Fu%k that douche bag!!!

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
As hard as it will be I'm pulling for Georgia! I work with a bunch of loud mouth bama fans and I just can't take listening to them anymore. I was really hoping Clemson would do me a favor that obviously didn't happen.

When it's all said and done, I'm just happy that cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** Baker Mayfield didn't win! Fu%k that douche bag!!!

Salty about Mayfield???

(See what I did there?)

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Are you pleased when things go against UF in ever dimension or just the college football bowls and playoff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb