Chance encounter with Dan Mullen in 2007

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't able to post this last week, swamped with work. Yes, work comes before Gatorchatter. BLASPHEMY!!!

In 2007, I ran into Dan Mullen when the Gators were preparing for the Citrus Bowl and they were holding their closed practices at Disney's Wide World of Sports. At the time I was a "Cast Member" in the Sports dept. and knew the guy who had their practice schedule, so I wandered over there.

As I was walking near the practice fields, I ran into Dan and I asked him how things were going (I had my Disney name tag on). He was all smiles, very happy go lucky and we struck up a conversation for about 15 minutes. He asked me more questions about me than I asked him. I came away very impressed that "he gets it" that he was a cool dude. I had heard the rumors that he grated people the wrong way, but I can only attest to my one encounter with the new HBC that he was genuine.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Thanks for sharing. Leadership comes from a lot of different directions. I believe it is essential to keep authority and responsibility in close balance. Leaders can be somewhat born but mostly they are made, they have to want to be leaders and then you can help them. I hope that coach brings back many of our leaders from the past, gets some vets to join our team, and insists on leadership from some of his key players.

Time will tell.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NO DOUBT we have a good coach/man in Dan Mullen. Just have to give him some time to recruit and turn our football program around. He will get it done. Go Gators!!

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Overpaid: Jimbo, Harbaugh, Rodriguez
Underpaid: Dabo, Urban
About Right: Saban, Malzahn, Mullen (?), Shaw, Herman (?)

?=In line with school/conference, results pending.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Meyer threatened to leave they’d bump his salary to 8 million in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.