Changes you'd like to see in the rotation

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The whole point of this is to win championships. If I mentioned that we could win 10 games I would immediately be attacked by people who say THAT isn't good enough.

Even compared to mediocre 2016, our average recruit ranking for the starting players is in the dumpster. I think our average overall player ranking that year was something like 300 and now its closer to 500. Somebody did the math, I'll see if I can find it. I honestly would not be surprised to see that with Cece and Reese and now Wilson out on D that our average recruit ranking is less than even lowly Kentucky. People need to shake out of this notion they have that somehow its a given that we have better players than Kentucky. The friggin cupboard is bare my friends.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Toney needs to get a lot more touches. The veteran O-linemen just aren't getting it done. Give the younger guys a chance - they couldn't do worse. And how do you fix the D-line that was supposedly deep and talented? No matter who was in the game, they all got pushed around. 303 yards rushing against Kentucky is pitiful. And missed tackles by LB's and safeties killed us. I just think we are lacking too much SEC-quality talent all over the field

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s nothing we can do on defense. We just don’t have the talent. Which is strange.

On offense - replace Ivey with Heggie.
Starting OL: Heggie, Fred, TJ, Buchanan, Taylor

Start Davis and Perine.

Run more plays to Toney. A lot more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ivie played a decent guard. He needs to move back. He is better than any of the trash at G or C right now.

I dont know what we do C. I cant believe Buchanon is our best option. They need to give McCoy a chance bc he is a gamer, not great but he plays better than he practices it seems.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Copied from FB which was copied from somewhere else so I have no idea how accurate:

The starting 11 on defense against Kentucky two years ago had a national recruiting ranking average of 235th. The starting 11 Saturday had a national recruiting ranking average of 504th.
The defensive line in 2016 averaged 323rd in 2016 versus 439th Saturday.
The linebackers averaged 202nd in 2016 versus 783rd Saturday (including Chauncey Gardner-Wilson as a linebacker).
The defensive backs averaged 173rd in 2016 versus 361st Saturday

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To answer the OP question. There are no changes that can be made really. We got our ass beat in the trenches. We're not gonna get stronger and badder on the LOS.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Copied from FB which was copied from somewhere else so I have no idea how accurate:

The starting 11 on defense against Kentucky two years ago had a national recruiting ranking average of 235th. The starting 11 Saturday had a national recruiting ranking average of 504th.
The defensive line in 2016 averaged 323rd in 2016 versus 439th Saturday.
The linebackers averaged 202nd in 2016 versus 783rd Saturday (including Chauncey Gardner-Wilson as a linebacker).
The defensive backs averaged 173rd in 2016 versus 361st Saturday

No. It’s all the coaches fault./traz/donk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No. It’s all the coaches fault./traz/donk
Again, show me Kintucky's rankings bc while you people clapped at Quiverlips bringing home those piss poor 10-17 classes, Kintucky was bringing home 40th-50th ranked classes.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Rather than fight you guys, I’ll take a shot at the question:

On D, play Houston over Jackson as long as Reece is out. Get Burney on the field more, perhaps as the star and move Gardner-Johnson back to one of the safety spots. Burney is much closer to a lb/dB combo that they want for that position and has looked good in the plays he’s had. I’ll admit this change would be more focused on run D and tackling over pass coverage, but that seems to be the current biggest problem.

On offense, I suspect Franks is the best option but we need to get our RB’s in space more on the outside, regardless of who’s in since we aren’t driving off the line for inside runs. Because that might involve more swing passes, I would also reduce Scarlett’s role. Last, I’d move Ivey to right guard, try J Taylor at left tackle, Forsythe at right tackle and Heggie at center. Johnson and Buchanan go to the bench.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rather than fight you guys, I’ll take a shot at the question:

On D, play Houston over Jackson as long as Reece is out. Get Burney on the field more, perhaps as the star and move Gardner-Johnson back to one of the safety spots. Burney is much closer to a lb/dB combo that they want for that position and has looked good in the plays he’s had. I’ll admit this change would be more focused on run D and tackling over pass coverage, but that seems to be the current biggest problem.

On offense, I suspect Franks is the best option but we need to get our RB’s in space more on the outside, regardless of who’s in since we aren’t driving off the line for inside runs. Because that might involve more swing passes, I would also reduce Scarlett’s role. Last, I’d move Ivey to right guard, try J Taylor at left tackle, Forsythe at right tackle and Heggie at center. Johnson and Buchanan go to the bench.
Bravo. Hopefully now that we have some game film they will start correcting their errors. Coaches often default to letting the seniors play, or the guys who practice hardest or who watch extra game film or whatever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were many times when the receivers were behind Taylor and the Kitties didn't connect. It wasn't like it was only a play or two.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think you misunderstood what I said. I’m saying I don’t think we could’ve done anything with rotation. As far as coaching and game plan there’s a lot we could’ve done.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

Yeah but unless some miracle happens we're stuck with these idiots. So they gotta try something. Maybe changing RBs won't help. But continuing to play Franks is just Mullen begging to lose every single game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb