Changes you'd like to see in the rotation

leogator

May 5, 2018
Although the QB is supposed to run in this scheme, Franks'carrying it 11 times is not good for his health or the RB rotation. Get Raymond out there as a blocker/H-Back to help with the blocking and curtail Franks' carries. I also don't understand why we wanted to pass it 38 times.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Although the QB is supposed to run in this scheme, Franks' carrying it 11 times is not good for his health or the RB rotation. Get Raymond out there as a blocker/H-Back to help with the blocking and curtail Franks' carries. I also don't understand why we wanted to pass it 38 times.

How many times did he actually do a designed option run however? Weren't quite a few of those him scrambling for some yards.

leogator

May 5, 2018
How many times did he actually do a designed option run however? Weren't quite a few of those him scrambling for some yards.
I will have to chart how many were designed RPOs in which he decided to run vs scramble. If they were scrambles then the passing plays were even more inflated vs the runs particularly by the RBs. 18 carries by the RBs are too few.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Understand on the LBs, and hopefully after watching the tape they'll settle on a smaller rotation. IMO, they need to sit Joseph and Jackson (move them to ST's exclusively). If we are fortunate enough to blow out another team, then they can play. Until then, we need to see what the new guys can do. Joseph is what we thought he was....and Rayshad, bless his heart, is a 2-star football player masquerading as an SEC linebacker.

I think we'll be fine at DT, eventually. Hopefully this was a wake-up call for that group. But they still need the LB's to do their jobs. Hopefully Jefferson returns.

On the OL, I'm letting Bleich into the rotation as well. After the next loss, hopefully the staff will decide to build a "cohesive" unit out of players who will be here next season and beyond.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Although the QB is supposed to run in this scheme, Franks'carrying it 11 times is not good for his health or the RB rotation. Get Raymond out there as a blocker/H-Back to help with the blocking and curtail Franks' carries. I also don't understand why we wanted to pass it 38 times.

Agree. This offense (Mullen's) has no business throwing the ball 38 times (and possibly more due to scrambles/runs). Of course, the crap OL may have had something to do w/ not running the ball. Agree we need Raymond blocking, as we obviously can't do it w/ 5 OLs and a TE.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Yeah particularly since there was a slant available in those plays. He was not the only open receiver.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Bench Franks. Put McCoy back in. Retire Fred Johnson who missed so many assignments that it seemed he was on some bookie’s payroll. Find some linebackers already. Recruit some safeties. Give Trask a go. Pray for Mercy from our enemies.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The long shots was Franks reverting to his old ways after 2-3 stout shots he took from Kentucky. He got rattled and started chucking it downfield at the speed of light. Those were bullets. They were not the nicely arced balls in the first game when he was relaxed. The deep routes were covered even if they were man to man. BTW, congrats to the Kentucky secondary. They covered our deep receivers very well. The other routes were repeatedly open. The major problem was that Mullen simplified the offense so that Franks only has to read the right side of the field so there's a lot of routes on the right side. Well that also draws the offense on that side, crowding it up. We need to get him to read the whole field.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"It has happened more than it should IMO. One of my biggest criticisms of Mullen has been how he’s handled the team dynamics.

This program needed to be cut down to size and then rebuilt. Instead, Mullen has tried to put bandaids on. He’s catered to some of the boneheads on the team more than he should have. Dan came in too concerned about how this current crop of older guys felt about him. He’s spent too much time on playing mind games and too little time playing the best players across the board. It keeps being advertised as a confidence problem, but that’s not even close to the root of it. Plenty of false confidence to spare with this group.

This locker room sucks, from credit cards to frying pans to Toney’s bull****. Last weekend, Franks and his merry band were walking around making a scene at the soccer game. We’re losing 0-3 and Franks and Co are yelling, embarrassingly announcing his 5 touchdowns against Charleston Southern to everyone around. If that doesn’t tell you what kind group we’ve got, I don’t know what does."
----------------------------

This was posted on another message board. In addition to all the clubbing he does he is saying stupid mess in public apparently. Bragging about 5 TDs against an FCS school. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lulz, some soccer muffmdiver was upset that no one noticed the soccer was losing?

I got news for them. No one cares that the soccer team exists.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lulz, some soccer muffmdiver was upset that no one noticed the soccer was losing?

I got news for them. No one cares that the soccer team exists.

I could care less either about soccer but Franks doesn't appear to be the sharpest person out there. Its like he has that Mac attitude still in him.

leogator

May 5, 2018
"It has happened more than it should IMO. One of my biggest criticisms of Mullen has been how he’s handled the team dynamics.

This program needed to be cut down to size and then rebuilt. Instead, Mullen has tried to put bandaids on. He’s catered to some of the boneheads on the team more than he should have. Dan came in too concerned about how this current crop of older guys felt about him. He’s spent too much time on playing mind games and too little time playing the best players across the board. It keeps being advertised as a confidence problem, but that’s not even close to the root of it. Plenty of false confidence to spare with this group.

This locker room sucks, from credit cards to frying pans to Toney’s bull****. Last weekend, Franks and his merry band were walking around making a scene at the soccer game. We’re losing 0-3 and Franks and Co are yelling, embarrassingly announcing his 5 touchdowns against Charleston Southern to everyone around. If that doesn’t tell you what kind group we’ve got, I don’t know what does."
----------------------------

This was posted on another message board. In addition to all the clubbing he does he is saying stupid mess in public apparently. Bragging about 5 TDs against an FCS school. :lol:
Are they going to make a scene at the soccer game this week? Touting his Int, 2-3 near ints and fumble? Or his terrible completion rate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator