Charlie Strong

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Still want him? He didn't do much last year and he's getting his a$$ handedto him by ND tonight. He should have stayed at Louisville. He had a good thing going there.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
When initially interviewed by Foley for interest in the UF position, Strong replied "what's a Midline?"... Hence why he's not our guy...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he is a good fit for Texas but he will get another season I am sure. I think that QB helped a lot with the success at Louisville but that is usually the case however.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie strong had teddy bridgewater going for him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was going to be about Hugh Freeze.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I will take him as a def.cood, my peeps tell me ucf is in the market for a hc

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed when he got the Texas job and was relieved when we didn't fool around with him. He had a cute little thing there at the ville with a diamond in the rough QB but that's over and we are seeing what he really is without a giant stroke of luck. Great DC but to even call him an average HC would be a real stretch. He'll be looking for a job fairly soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
There were tons of people, including many on this board who thought it was a huge mistake not hiring him either after Meyer left or after Muschamp was fired. I think he'll be a fine head coach at a smaller school. Texas is just a bad fit. UCF might not be a bad idea. He knows how to recruit Florida very well.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n272683 said:
There were tons of people, including many on this board who thought it was a huge mistake not hiring him either after Meyer left or after Muschamp was fired.

They'll never admit it.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n272595 said:
Still want him? He didn't do much last year and he's getting his a$$ handedto him by ND tonight. He should have stayed at Louisville. He had a good thing going there.

Nail on the head!

I hate that Urban lost control of the UF race car, but at least he could build it. Charlie as a replacement would of been a slow bleed. In reality Will burned out relatively quickly. Texas is in for a 5 year continued spiral. I'm happy with Mac more and more, every day. He's easy peasy in interviews, but busting the team's a## on the practice field.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n272644 said:
I will take him as a def.cood, my peeps tell me ucf is in the market for a hc
They are, or will be in the next couple of years. O'Leary is HC and AD right now, and will be transitioning to AD only.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised about Texas' defense. Strong might be a bad fit there. It's only the first game. Lots can happen. This thread will get a lot more action if they are 6-6 at the end of the season, for sure.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I always liked Strong and was happy he was a gator for so many years. I was happy to see him have success at Louisville and I hoped he would carry that over to Texas. I never thought we should hire him here as HC but I cant help but wish him huge success wherever he goes. I would absolutely take him back as DC though...

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
NVGator;n272687 said:
They'll never admit it.
i admit i was one of those people. i didnt think it was a huge mistake not hiring him but i thought he deserved the opportunity. that being said he would have failed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At the risk of dissatisfying the mob, what does the performance of Charlie Strong and James Franklin so far at their respective schools have to do with how they would do HERE? Both of them walked into crap situations. Personally I think both of them would be doing far better at this point here at Florida, especially if they had been brought on when they should have, after the 2013 season, not 2014. I think playing last year under Muschamp set us back significantly farther.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
oxrageous;n272785 said:
if they had been brought on when they should have, after the 2013 season, not 2014. I think playing last year under Muschamp set us back significantly farther.
:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.