Chase Daniels signs $10 mil deal: 51 career completions, $25 million in earnings

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure if this is worth a thread, but it's freaking amazing!

Chase Daniel continues to play the offseason NFL game perfectly, expected to land $7 million backup role

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/m...erfectly-expected-land-7-million-backup-role/

Yes, Chase Daniel is still an active player in the NFL.

If you aren’t a die-hard NFL fan you may not have known that, considering he’s only thrown 78 passes in his eight-year pro career for New Orleans, Kansas City, Philadephia and back to New Orleans. Despite his lack of an on-the-field role, Daniel continues to cash in seemingly each and every NFL offseason.

The all-time great QB for Missouri is expected to land a free agent deal from Chicago this offseason. He’ll be given $7 million guaranteed by the Bears to backup up Mitch Trubisky for one season according to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. Not a bad deal at all.

This isn’t the first time Daniel has worked the system, either, as the former Mizzou legend has now racked up over $25 million in earnings at the NFL level according to MMQB contributor Andrew Brandt. With only 51 career completions in his NFL career, Daniel has made nearly $500,000 for each one.

Brandt’s followers had a good time with that knowledge:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Pace has a hard-on for washed-up backups.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chase Daniels signs $10 mil deal: 51 career completions, $25 million in earnings
Doesn't it dovetail into the Trey Burton thing? $32 mil deal, 63 career receptions?

Except of course that Trey is a great kid and Chase Daniels is a azzhat.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
10 million?

UnnaturalThornyBushsqueaker-max-1mb.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is thrifty compared to the 19M guaranteed he threw at Mike "The Neck" Glennon a year ago. Did any of you watch Glennon? It was an embarrassment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is thrifty compared to the 19M guaranteed he threw at Mike "The Neck" Glennon a year ago. Did any of you watch Glennon? It was an embarrassment.
Well, we pay over a mil per win to HCs.

And we will pay approx 14.5 mil for three HCs on our payroll this year. But it sure does beat overpaying one of those elite coaches.

What a mastermind that Jermy Fooley is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we pay over a mil per win to HCs.

And we will pay approx 14.5 mil for three HCs on our payroll this year. But it sure does beat overpaying one of those elite coaches.

What a mastermind that Jermy Fooley is.
I'm afraid nothing, not even Jeremy Foley, can top the Bears for futile and downright dumb thinking.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sometimes you question what the hell professional sports teams are doing.

I read that the Vikings have spent over 100 million between Bridgewater getting drafted, blowing out his knee, and finding a replacement.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sometimes you question what the hell professional sports teams are doing.

I read that the Vikings have spent over 100 million between Bridgewater getting drafted, blowing out his knee, and finding a replacement.

Backup QB money started getting big about 10 years ago (they used to make around $1 million/year and most people didn't know who they were). Now it's out of control. Teams are paying $5-8 million/year for their back-up QB.

I went to NYC 3 years ago for the Pats/Giants game. I went w/ 3 other buddies, we spent $425/ticket (sat on the 20-25 yard line in the upper deck), we paid $100+ for an Uber from the city to the stadium, then over $200 to get back. I don't understand how people can do this week in and week out. 75% of the fans are wearing $100 jerseys to boot. With the declining attendance, rising ticket prices, declining tv ratings, etc. how much longer can this inflation in salaries/costs continue? How is it still sustainable?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chase knows systems and teams "trust" him not to lose games. how many teams have crumbled after the starter goes down. Backup quarterback is an important position now in the NFL. The backup has to be able to learn what is going on that week with limited snaps. I don't understand teams fascination with Daniels, but good for him making some bank from it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm afraid nothing, not even Jeremy Foley, can top the Bears for futile and downright dumb thinking.

There's a lovely city in south Florida with an NFL franchise known as the "Dolphins". They'd appreciate a retraction of your post.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Chase knows systems and teams "trust" him not to lose games. how many teams have crumbled after the starter goes down. Backup quarterback is an important position now in the NFL. The backup has to be able to learn what is going on that week with limited snaps. I don't understand teams fascination with Daniels, but good for him making some bank from it.

I'm not sure what his career earnings were, but Shane Matthews had a hell of a long career as a backup QB. He played before the salaries got huge like they are now...but were still big for the time he played. He played 13 seasons!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure what his career earnings were, but Shane Matthews had a hell of a long career as a backup QB. He played before the salaries got huge like they are now...but were still big for the time he played. He played 13 seasons!

Say what you will about Shane, but he managed 13 year in the league because he was football smart. Knew how to learn an offense and a game plan in limited snaps. Wuerfell would have had a similar career if he didn't decide to retire to focus on his foundation. Smart quarterbacks who can perform enough not to lose games, will always be needed in the NFL.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You and BMF are spot on. The idea of safety and trustworthiness, especially with certain franchises, is paramount in the NFL these days. It's also why you see the same retread names at the coaching level. Teams would rather win 7-9 games with a measure of comfort than to take a risk that, while it may get them over the hump, may also result in a disaster. But with the amount of injuries these days, the idea of not having to completely write off a season in week 1, because there's a competent QB waiting in the wings, is worth the money apparently.

The fact that Foles and the Eagles won it all--both a supporting argument and a :dance:--only fuels that fire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You and BMF are spot on. The idea of safety and trustworthiness, especially with certain franchises, is paramount in the NFL these days. It's also why you see the same retread names at the coaching level. Teams would rather win 7-9 games with a measure of comfort than to take a risk that, while it may get them over the hump, may also result in a disaster. But with the amount of injuries these days, the idea of not having to completely write off a season in week 1, because there's a competent QB waiting in the wings, is worth the money apparently.

The fact that Foles and the Eagles won it all--both a supporting argument and a :dance:--only fuels that fire.

First fck the Eagles...

The Eagles, Vikings and Packers are all good examples this last season where as the Dolphins are a example of what not to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator