Chase Daniels signs $10 mil deal: 51 career completions, $25 million in earnings

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If they were paying that kind of money when Shane was a QB, he wouldn't be in the pokey now...
Matthews didn't do all that bad in the NFL. He lived in Haile on the same street as Spurrier in the '90s.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Backup QB money started getting big about 10 years ago (they used to make around $1 million/year and most people didn't know who they were). Now it's out of control. Teams are paying $5-8 million/year for their back-up QB.

I went to NYC 3 years ago for the Pats/Giants game. I went w/ 3 other buddies, we spent $425/ticket (sat on the 20-25 yard line in the upper deck), we paid $100+ for an Uber from the city to the stadium, then over $200 to get back. I don't understand how people can do this week in and week out. 75% of the fans are wearing $100 jerseys to boot. With the declining attendance, rising ticket prices, declining tv ratings, etc. how much longer can this inflation in salaries/costs continue? How is it still sustainable?
Seems like it started when Matt Cassell came in and had a solid season when Tom Brady blew his knee out in game 1. He made big time money on his next contract and it's escalated ever since.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like it started when Matt Cassell came in and had a solid season when Tom Brady blew his knee out in game 1. He made big time money on his next contract and it's escalated ever since.

Cassell got big money to be the started in KC, not the backup.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Well, didn't he get traded as a starter somewhere else? I don't think the Pats signed him to a bigger deal, they usually trade players before they have to do that. I remember David Gerrard (Jaguars) got a big contract as a back up before they got rid of Leftwich. But it was about 10 or so years ago. Before that, most made just above the league minimums (less than $1 million/year - but to be fair, 10 years ago not many players were making more than $5 million/year).

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
How do I get a job and paycheck like that?????
Be one of the best 64 people on the planet at your job in a lucrative field? I don't find entertainers (athletes) making millions as offensive as personal injury attorneys or that d-bag Shkreli, but whatever.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cassell got big money to be the started in KC, not the backup.
Well, didn't he get traded as a starter somewhere else? I don't think the Pats signed him to a bigger deal, they usually trade players before they have to do that. I remember David Gerrard (Jaguars) got a big contract as a back up before they got rid of Leftwich. But it was about 10 or so years ago. Before that, most made just above the league minimums (less than $1 million/year - but to be fair, 10 years ago not many players were making more than $5 million/year).
I'm saying teams started seeing the value of a quality backup should their HOF QB go out with an ACL tear the first game. I don't know, I'm not a big NFL guy. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.