Bad news coming - UPDATED: 7 Gators Suspended for Michigan Game

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So Reddit is saying those involved are Callaway, Houston, Smith and deshir Jones

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
All I know is If Calloway plays and scores the winning TD against Michigan, this board will go nuts cheering for him.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
All I know is If Calloway plays and scores the winning TD against Michigan, this board will go nuts cheering for him.

It is up to the coaching staff to discipline the players and if it truly is Callaway involved I don't see how he can remain with the team. With that being said if he makes a touchdown I'm going to cheer my arse off, regardless of how I feel about the punishment administered.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Hearing more here in Gainesville. No idea how accurate this info is, but it sounds plausible.

Word now is that the players were using a financial aid or school issued card and then reporting it stolen so that it would get replaced. Essentially, they could double the money.

Supposedly one player did it and told others and then they started doing it as well. A single incident didn't throw up any red flags, but when the number of people claiming lost or stolen cards starting growing the admin started looking into it. Apparently one player admitted to it and gave the name of the guy that came up with the scam.

Supposedly one player (not a starter) has already been dismissed from the team. I am guessing that would be the ring leader. The other players are going to have to make restitution to remain eligible. Punishment will be handled in house. No charges filed with authorities.

It's also being said that one player was forced to leave his shared apartment by another players parents who have the lease to the apartment.

Looks like this whole thing has huge potential to be divisive in the locker room and be a huge distraction.

BTW, the starters involved are supposedly Callaway and OL Taylor. Once again, this is just what I heard.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Hearing more here in Gainesville. No idea how accurate this info is, but it sounds plausible.

Word now is that the players were using a financial aid or school issued card and then reporting it stolen so that it would get replaced. Essentially, they could double the money.

Supposedly one player did it and told others and then they started doing it as well. A single incident didn't throw up any red flags, but when the number of people claiming lost or stolen cards starting growing the admin started looking into it. Apparently one player admitted to it and gave the name of the guy that came up with the scam.

Supposedly one player (not a starter) has already been dismissed from the team. I am guessing that would be the ring leader. The other players are going to have to make restitution to remain eligible. Punishment will be handled in house. No charges filed with authorities.

It's also being said that one player was forced to leave his shared apartment by another players parents who have the lease to the apartment.

Looks like this whole thing has huge potential to be divisive in the locker room and be a huge distraction.

BTW, the starters involved are supposedly Callaway and OL Taylor. Once again, this is just what I heard.
So financial aid fraud? Frick me. There's no way to worm out of that. Holy hell what idiots

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm getting the feeling Callaway isn't all that smart. It's just a hunch...

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
So financial aid fraud? Frick me. There's no way to worm out of that. Holy hell what idiots

I don't know if it was financial aid or some other kind of school issued card. That wasn't specified. The NCAA allows the school to give each athlete a set amount, I've always heard $500, to buy clothes or whatever other supplies they need. This would be the time of the year that money would be disbursed. That would be UAA money and not financial aid. If that were the case, the UAA could choose to take reimbursement for eligibility reasons and let the coach set the punishment.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would send the wrong message but with other players involved it wouldn't surprise me if Mac just gives Callaway a 2 game suspension or something like that as long as it never ends up in the legal system.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how willing these kids are to take risks with their future. Fwiw Callaway did post on snapchat about his new haircut, but I doubt that means anything good or bad.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We've now been linking at GatorCountry. Normally they delete any link to this site so we'll see how long it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.