Chauncey Gardner story

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I had a cool encounter meeting Chauncey at my job on Christmas eve with his mom before he was set to head out to Tampa for the Outback bowl. Super cool guy and very respectable. With his success on the field this year, his mom only had one stat she wanted to talk about; his 3.8 gpa this semester. On his way out the door I told him to do work against those Iowa boys. I guess he took my advice hahaha. Anyways it was just good to meet the young man and his family and he's a guy I'll be rooting for and someone I'm glad is representing the Orange and Blue! IMG_3769.JPG

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So it wasn't Shannon; it was you, Oklahoma!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I met a ton of players in the late 90s and early 2000's when I worked in the Gainesville airport. Five guys really stood out to me.

1. Gerard Warren – that dude was massive. Giant meat hook hands.

2. Shane Matthews – he looks like he weighed about 150 pounds. Wore cut off jean shorts. His legs look like toothpicks.

3. Chris leak – the guy was small. Thickly built. But short.

4. Rex Grossman – the guy was really cool. Really funny guy. He signed a football that we used to throw around on the tarmac. I thought one day it was going to be worth a lot of money. Then he had his NFL career.

5. Steve Spurrier – obviously not as a player… But we probably lost his luggage about a half dozen times. He was constantly cracking on us about how we sucked.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I met a ton of players in the late 90s and early 2000's when I worked in the Gainesville airport. Five guys really stood out to me.

1. Gerard Warren – that dude was massive. Giant meat hook hands.

2. Shane Matthews – he looks like he weighed about 150 pounds. Wore cut off jean shorts. His legs look like toothpicks.

3. Chris leak – the guy was small. Thickly built. But short.

4. Rex Grossman – the guy was really cool. Really funny guy. He signed a football that we used to throw around on the tarmac. I thought one day it was going to be worth a lot of money. Then he had his NFL career.

5. Steve Spurrier – obviously not as a player… But we probably lost his luggage about a half dozen times. He was constantly cracking on us about how we sucked.

Rex did make the Super Bowl.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Original_movie_poster_for_Being_There.jpg
IF you have never seen this movie it is a must for people that love comedy. Peter Sellers was a genius and this was his best (to me). His character ended up being called Chauncey Garniner............when I heard the name of this player I thought it had to be a joke..................btw I love this player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator