Check out Northwestern's new IPF

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Northwestern is in Evanston, IL. Sure, it's cold as hell there in the winter, but it's outside of Chicago. It's in a white-collar neighborhood. Those kids aren't worrying about crime rates. And, it's completely not the point. The point, if it was lost on anyone, is that "....we're not getting into an arms race." (infamous quote from "the greatest AD" of all time). The point was/is that this is what other schools are building and we're showing pictures to recruits of what may or may not be built in three years. Meanwhile, FSU players refer to our dorm rooms as "HUD housing". And then there's the recruiting thread. People wondering why Mullen can't pull in a top 10 class.

"We're not getting into an arms race." - Jeremy Foley

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Northwestern is in Evanston, IL. Sure, it's cold as hell there in the winter, but it's outside of Chicago. It's in a white-collar neighborhood. Those kids aren't worrying about crime rates. And, it's completely not the point. The point, if it was lost on anyone, is that "....we're not getting into an arms race." (infamous quote from "the greatest AD" of all time). The point was/is that this is what other schools are building and we're showing pictures to recruits of what may or may not be built in three years. Meanwhile, FSU players refer to our dorm rooms as "HUD housing". And then there's the recruiting thread. People wondering why Mullen can't pull in a top 10 class.

"We're not getting into an arms race." - Jeremy Foley
That quote had to be one of the stupidest things he said during his time as AD. And it’s not necessarily true. More accurately: “we’re not getting into an arms race IN FOOTBALL.” We just spent a boatload on basketball and softball. Baseball is getting a top flight stadium. Wouldn’t have surprised me if tennis and lacrosse got new facilities before football had Foley still been here. Strickland needs to make sure the schedule for the football center doesn’t slip and finds a way to expedite dorm renovations (I’m assuming the football center will have a high end weight room - if not, need that to be expedited as well).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
More accurately: “we’re not getting into an arms race IN FOOTBALL.” We just spent a boatload on basketball and softball. Baseball is getting a top flight stadium. Wouldn’t have surprised me if tennis and lacrosse got new facilities before football had Foley still been here.
Yeah, its the same ploy city councils always use. They spend lavishly on their retarded relatives that work in the admin and inspections departments and claim they dont have enough money for a fire station, usually in strategic rich areas, unless you raise taxes.

Even the bullshyt baseball stadium is this game.

It is amazing how they think we need (empty) taj majals for the sports no one cares about.

The ADs office in the 90s was stuffed w people from other sports trying to get their digs into football money. No reason to think anythings changed. All the Asst ADs are still in place as is the rest of Fooleys staff.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah, its the same ploy city councils always use. They spend lavishly on their retarded relatives that work in the admin and inspections departments and claim they dont have enough money for a fire station, usually in strategic rich areas, unless you raise taxes.

Even the bullshyt baseball stadium is this game.

It is amazing how they think we need (empty) taj majals for the sports no one cares about.

The ADs office in the 90s was stuffed w people from other sports trying to get their digs into football money. No reason to think anythings changed. All the Asst ADs are still in place as is the rest of Fooleys staff.
Foley peaked in the early/mid-00s. He hired some truly great coaches and they were producing big time. After that, seemed like he couldn’t make a good decision to save his life and fell way behind his peers. I remember catching a ton of **** on other boards for stating that he shouldn’t be allowed to independently vet and hire a coach in 2014. It was obvious he couldn’t be trusted yet folks wanted to believe he still had that early/mid-00s magic. We all saw how that turned out...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Foley peaked in the early/mid-00s. He hired some truly great coaches and they were producing big time. After that, seemed like he couldn’t make a good decision to save his life and fell way behind his peers. I remember catching a ton of **** on other boards for stating that he shouldn’t be allowed to independently vet and hire a coach in 2014. It was obvious he couldn’t be trusted yet folks wanted to believe he still had that early/mid-00s magic. We all saw how that turned out...

And there are people who will run a thread to 15 pages trying to argue how good he is/was still!!!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
And there are people who will run a thread to 15 pages trying to argue how good he is/was still!!!
I think my favorite was that Foley intentionally hired a “great transition coach”. The mental gymnastics required to convince yourself that Foley had that planned all along are astonishing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As someone who was either the first person or one of the first people to say that" Fooley was incompetent", (did so the day Zook was hired), I will concede that Fooley made some excellent hires in sports that do not draw flies. It does not mean I do not like them or attend the events or root for them, it just means that every single one of them is a money loser and for the most part those sports do not draw flies to the games! That being said, all that matters is what pays the freight. All that success in non revenue sports did not cause one red CENT to be donated for the horrendous football program we had. No IPF, a dump of a stadium where the plumbing seldom works, aluminum benches (the ones I sat on in the 80's), etc. etc. and as I have said from his first days here, Stricknine seems to be goose stepping right in line to being Fooley 2.0.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
fixedw_large_4x.jpg

No, thanks.

I believe that is known to us Floridians who have been in that kind of weather as ‘testicular ascension’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator