Check out Playstation Vue if You Want to cut your TV bill?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The advertised price for each package is what you pay, no additional fees or tax. The only additional charge is if you are in a market area that has the local networks.
Awesome, thanks.

My dad and I are going to call later this week I think and see what his real options are with Comcast. Stuck between a rock and a hard place with them where he is, virtual monopoly and they know it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw where you told Gingerlover that you could have up to 5 devices but they have to have the same IP address .
You mean the same grouping?

I assume this means you can't stream remotely on your phone or something through the PS VUE app, however, as i understand it, your PS VUE login can be used on A LOT of the individual apps for those channels, like the WatchESPN app, and the like for various major networks.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was talking about up to 5 devices on your lan. You can use it in another city(vacation home) but it turns off your original site a nd you will have to log it back in when you get home. I believe that I did use the WatchESPN using Vue login when I went to my condo in Jax but I wouldn't swear to it.
I guess what I'm asking is, is it fine so long as you're on the same home network for those up to 5 streams?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kin to NV? :) I only have it on 2 roku at this address but it works fine. I do watch ESPN on an app using Vue's login here at home sometimes when I have another game on tv.
No, I'm not kin to NV. I just don't speak jibberish like you ;)

I understood not streaming it somewhere else, but just wanted to be sure it streams on the same home network.
When someone says "same IP" I see you as saying the same very specific IP address for that particular device, not just the home network IP.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have any of you guys looked into the Nvidia Shield, either the original or the new one just released?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For those of you who have cut the cord or want to cut the cord, Sony is going to add external hard drive support on their next update for the PS4. This is good news as you can more easily use your PS4 as a hub as opposed to just a game system.

Even though it's pretty easy to change the internal hard drive in a PS4, this makes it much easier and is said to support up to 8TB's externally. Beef up your internal hard drive, or if you already have, and you can have a hell of a lot of space for damn near everything

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've had the Vue for about 6 months. I hate that there are no local channels other than Fox.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've had the Vue for about 6 months. I hate that there are no local channels other than Fox.
Get an OTA antenna, but check online first to see what channels you should get.

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address
https://www.tablotv.com/tools/

Then look at Mohu, they also show what channels you should get, but better to trust a third party site on that just in case.

http://www.gomohu.com

Assuming you don't live in the sticks, you should be able to get most local main channels.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Get an OTA antenna, but check online first to see what channels you should get.

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address
https://www.tablotv.com/tools/

Then look at Mohu, they also show what channels you should get, but better to trust a third party site on that just in case.

http://www.gomohu.com

Assuming you don't live in the sticks, you should be able to get most local main channels.
I used your links and they are worthless.

Do you stream videos through a PC, game console or other device? When you add an HD antenna, you get free local TV on your system as well. Enjoy exceptional HD digital reception with the GE Slim-Profile Pro Bar Amplified Indoor Antenna. This antenna is o. - Up To 50-mile Range. - Optimizes Free Local Channels. - Ideal Counterpart To Streaming Digital Content. - Pureamp Technology Filters Noise and Amplified Signal For Clear Reception. - Superior Signal Reception. - Full HD 1080p.4k Ultra HD Ready Color:

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not the website that I have used but it looks like good data. This my location

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not the website that I have used but it looks like good data. This my location

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=e6a495a0447531

Radar-All.png
Okay, we'll look into it again, since this link shows more channels coming through at my dad's address.

If you find the website you were originally referring to, let me know, thanks.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually made one of these that worked really well. :lmao:

702919629515962538.jpg
I've seen that before, so either you lyin or you're the weird post I ran across in a comments section somewhere :lol:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So....I finally did it. I was a DirecTV subscriber for years through all of the changes. My total combined bill (ATT/DIRECTV) was just north of $600. Lots and lots of channels but mostly sh!t. I called and canceled DirecTV cold and have since subscribed to PlayStation Vue and Netflix. I also canceled my home phone which we rarely used. I figure to save $300+/month.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I was having loads of buffering on most channels on Vue. I dropped Vue and got Sling tv and have no buffering problems.

So far so good for me with Vue. No buffering issues.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good, please keep us informed. I changed after fighting it for a couple of months. I used Vue's credentials to WatchESPN but finally decided to try Sling TV again. Keep a check on Vue boards if you start having problems.
A friend of mine started with sling tv a couple of months ago and switched to ps vue about a month ago, has had no problems and he likes it over sling tv.
He's had no buffering issues that I'm aware of. He's running on 60 mbps with Spectrum.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
On a separate but related note regarding buffering if you're using wifi, for Christmas, Santa brought me an Orbi with two satellites, we dumped all the wireless routers/extenders, and we have had rock solid, practically zero loss of speed, NO BUFFERING, wireless coverage of every sq inch of 3100 sq ft. I cannot believe I didn't do this sooner. I looked at all the new mesh/meshlike network options out there. Not saying Orbi is the best, but it's been phenomenal. Oh, and only ONE SSID for the entire house now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.