Cherry Blossom time in DC

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Sweet looking trees blooming all over the place - and I heard on the radio about the National Park Service spokesman indicating where to go see the best places. And when the woman said his name on air...I'm like what did she just say?!?

"WASHINGTON — The cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin are officially at peak bloom, the National Park Service announced Friday.

Seventy percent of the trees at the Tidal Basin are in full bloom as of Friday afternoon, National Park Service spokesman Mike Litterst said."

http://wtop.com/national-cherry-blo...ce-d-c-cherry-blossoms-at-peak-bloom/slide/1/

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been in full bloom out here for a couple of weeks. For some reason Spring comes early in the NW, even though we're at a higher latitude than the rest of the country (sans Alaska). Must be the temperate climate brought to us by Puget Sound.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember making the trip for the cheery blossoms with The Mistake and the kids when they were young. Took the train from Jax and spent the week in DC. The city was beautiful.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
pretty gay thread diddy
IdcMyRx.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.