Chimp left a defense; what has Mac left?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
a loser's mentality... and lots of entitlement and excuses, lots of Mcelscuses (as law has said).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He winds up like a rightfielder. SLOW motion. This isn't the kind of thing that is readily fixed by coaching.

He's fine for college. Tebow had a long wind-up too if I remember right.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
He's gonna be fine once the new staff gets here. He was raw. He got no real QB coaching in highschool. He played on raw talent alone. I'm not surprised he doesn't have the ability to read defenses like a graduate transfer. Or make adjustments at the line like one. He's just not ready yet. Don't count him out. The kid has the talent to be fantastic.

I guess Nusschamp the "QB Coach" never found the time to teach him how to go through progressions.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Burningx

Nothing else to say, this is what he left.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, he was so close to turning it around:
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He winds up like a rightfielder. SLOW motion. This isn't the kind of thing that is readily fixed by coaching.
And yet ... Spurrier says he has a beautiful throwing motion.
“He’s 6-foot-5, beautiful throwing motion just watching him in practice a lot last year and a little bit this year. Malik is an athlete back there but a good thrower also. We know about Luke Del Rio, good solid player. I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, I’m sure they’ll have some scrimmages and that will be a big reason whoever I think they go with, the scrimmages coming up.”
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...quarterback-battle-feleipe-franks-malik-zaire

Maybe Spurrier was just finding something good to say? Franks has a heck of an arm. Maybe put a QB brainiac with him all Spring and Summer to develop him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's fine for college. Tebow had a long wind-up too if I remember right.
He did but Tebow compensated by being so dangerous w his feet that HE could cause separation just by doing that Tebow rock and altering the secondary.

I do think it is a good good comparison although Franks has a much more powerful arm. Both were, oddly, more accurate at longer throws and struggled with the short quick routes.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
A bunch of ****ed up livers, and yet the local AA meetings have never been more packed.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A pile of dog poo. Crusty on the outside but still soft on the inside. We just stepped in it with bare feet and it went between our toes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet ... Spurrier says he has a beautiful throwing motion.
Beautiful doesnt mean quick.

Now maybe things speed up for Franks at some point but IMO the motion is what it is.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As gatorkev expressed, McElwain has been like the "Death Sentence" to UF's CFB program. It surely seems that we are left with the minimum to keep football alive at UF. What other HC could have done that. Sure he left with less buyout, he knew the ruination he gave GatorNation. Fole hired UF's ruin and Mac carried it out to the extreme. Possibly, Mac's end-product is severely damaging to the caliber of our next HC hire.? Surely, that is some sort of "death sentence".

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
A. A basketball school.

AND/OR

B. A tremendous opportunity for the next guy by setting the bar so damn low with all these resources at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator