Chip Kelly or Scott Frost?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Wuerffel4Pres, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $279
    Ratings:
    +8,892 / -51
    both! :grin:

2. Gators79

Gators79 Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +399 / -42
    Frost, not really a Kelly fan. I've never been a fan of any sport where the Coach is a couch potato. I know its stupid but I'm a kid in great shape and here comes this fat guy telling me I'm not playing hard enough.

Although Kelly's offense had to be in the best shape of any College football team.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +539 / -13
    I just want the Oregon cheerleaders

4. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator Member

Oxbucks:
    $2
    Ratings:
    +16 / -2
    For eating a bag of chips? :)

5. Gators79

Gators79 Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +399 / -42
    Yes Please,,,although the ones at the BB game last night were bringing it....Heeyy

6. URGatorBait

URGatorBait Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $80
    Ratings:
    +10,144 / -161
    This is like the Corral or Fields debate.
    Which ever one wants to be here, take him.

7. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $529
    Ratings:
    +9,362 / -62
    Well, apparently Frost doesn't, and Kelly does, so...

8. URGatorBait

URGatorBait Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $80
    Ratings:
    +10,144 / -161
    So Frost is Fields and Kelly is Corral.

Hope this doesn't mean Frost goes to UT :eek3:

9. TheGatorsRGreat

TheGatorsRGreat New Member

Oxbucks:
    $14
    Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    - Proven to be able to contend for national championship - Kelly
    - Experience in the big leagues, both top level college level and pro - Kelly
    - More likely to be a big splash and create more buzz for nationwide recruiting - Kelly
    - More credibility both from fans and everybody else - Kelly
    - Ability to bring in the best of the best in coordinators - Kelly

I have zero doubt that Kelly has the tools and ability to succeed, and will in due time. Really the only question is will he get here and quickly tire of the recruiting and alumni relations and flame out. Frost on the other hand is a 50/50 hire. There is a lot to like about him, but this would be a huge step up for him.

To me it isn't even close.

10. EuroGator

EuroGator Voice of Reason
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $12
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / -61
    I'm torn.

Until today I would have fairly strongly preferred Frost. I'm coming around on Kelly though. I think Frost has a bigger potential upside, due mostly to a limited sample size at HC, the fact that he has played at a very high level on both sides of the ball and coached at a high level on both sides of the ball. However, CK has more already proven.

I would be happy with either and despite what we'll all think, hindsight won't be 20/20 on this one as circumstances for either coach will be significantly different than they would be with a different decision.

11. GatorSkin

GatorSkin Nord for President 2020

Oxbucks:
    $103
    Ratings:
    +682 / -15
    Chip Kelly: Besides all the many reasons that have already been posted he also turned down a job with Tampa Bay in 2012 because Oregon hadn't commited to make Helfriech the coach in waiting.
    He made sure his program was solid and intact before leaving for the NFL.
    He didn't pack up and leave in the middle of the night like so many other coaches have.

12. ChipKellyTrainJay26

ChipKellyTrainJay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $210
    Ratings:
    +7,001 / -211
    Kinda shocked by the replies I’m reading. If y’all want to take a gamble like Frost, so be it. Chip is as sure a thing as it gets.

He was not only DOMINANT at a Power 5, but also had success in the NFL (til he took over GM role which was too much to handle).

Kelly >>>> Frost. That’s from somebody who would not be disappointed at all to get Frost, heck he was next on my list. But he would be more of a risk since his sample size is so small.

13. emr25

emr25 Member

Oxbucks:
    $26
    Ratings:
    +53 / -1
    Even if you want to consider their in game head coaching abilities as equal (which I don’t), the coaching staff Kelly puts together will be light years ahead of Frost in terms of experience and name recognition.

This program needs someone who knows how to win in a Power 5 program from day one. Frost shows plenty of positive signs that he can, but Kelly proved he can by going to a BCS game in all 4 years at Oregon.

In my opinion, Kelly to UF would be the biggest home run hire in college football since Urban to Ohio St in 2012.

14. gatorkev85

gatorkev85 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $17
    Ratings:
    +555 / -194
    A buddy at work made a comment to me that made me think for a sec but I'm not overly concerned, he made point that coaches will recruit against us by pointing out that Kelly is a supposed racist. Is anyone concerned about this. I think he will fill his staff with great recruiters that will help him out

15. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $168
    Ratings:
    +7,366 / -23
    This article addresses that about as well as any. And based on the few players' reasons for suggesting racism I think you could probably call any good coach a racist. Especially a guy like Saban and even black coaches. Mike Singletary comes to mind. It sounded like a bunch of bull$h!t to me at the time and it still sounds like a bunch of spoiled athlete bull$h!t.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/chip-kelly-eagles-racist-boykin-mccoy/

16. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $187
    Ratings:
    +6,429 / -33
    To add to Weurfel4Pres' list = Kelly is 53 and never married; Kelly has had no social life, never hsd to get along with anyone. We'll have not a family man representing our University. It's a point of mental stability.

17. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $529
    Ratings:
    +9,362 / -62
    Go watch the Gators Breakdown podcast I shared here last night. You don't have to watch it all, just watch the last bit where bill takes over for a long time (probably about the last 15mins or so). He goes into quite a bit of detail about that whole incident and who was involved at the time and other people who were also there's opinions on what happened.

18. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,370
    Ratings:
    +24,316 / -496
    Mehhhh... works for Belichick, Madden hundreds of others.

19. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,370
    Ratings:
    +24,316 / -496
    The ONLY coach who ever played Colin Kaepernick?

Uhhhhh.....no, Im not concerned even a little.

20. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,370
    Ratings:
    +24,316 / -496
    No no no. Frost wants Kelly money (and he may get it).

But if you are going to pay Kelly money, why not buy the jedi instead of the padewan?