Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We are so overdue for a change in our football fortunes that even waiting until Friday is going to be excruciating. Can this nightmarish, slow-motion, clown show / scheisse fest finally be over? Are we actually done with pretenders, duds and would-be B-B-Q sauce moguls? Can it be??!!! Dare I say it???!!!!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Please no, they would own us if that happened
Honestly, I hope they get Mullen. He'll give us a good fight every year. Heck, he'll even win em a couple against us here and there... but overall, they'll be as average and beatable as Mark Richt's BullDoggies.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We are so overdue for a change in our football fortunes that even waiting until Friday is going to be excruciating. Can this nightmarish, slow-motion, clown show / scheisse fest finally be over? Are we actually done with pretenders, duds and would-be B-B-Q sauce moguls? Can it be??!!! Dare I say it???!!!!
I recommend you relax and take in some 3Gor action tomorrow night. The man's a machine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was injuries and suspensions??
Look, I'm the first to say that I'd just as soon see the Cane gone. That being said, this defense ISNT on him. He isn't the RC and he wasn't the one making these decisions. He wasn't the ones taking DEs instead of DTs and OLB instead of inside LBs after we missed on our inside LBs (Mack Wilson is definitely coming bc he loves Mac /bowl). Shannon didn't hire HIS clueless buddy to handle the S&C program that was supposed to grow those DEs into DTs and OLBs into ILBs.

The LBs suck this year. They sure as hell didn't last year though did they? Even when the first two got hurt, Johnson and Reese stepped up and played well.

Now? They are getting sucked up into the line instead of scraping, stuff kids get taught in middle school. Why? I don't know but they didn't do it under RS (same kids) but now they are doing it under Skipper.

I've seen RS defenses for decades. They will be sound if not somewhat conservative. Not my cup of tea but it was primarily Butters' recruiting that got us here, not RS.

RS also provides a calming influence to our players, who are in a rough spot.

Let's see where it goes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You'll be hearing from ox's lawyer soon

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
When you're selling the McElTrainWreck you get 3-stars... When you're pitching the Nike Sponsored Kelly Oregon Offense, you get the cruits, dude. Shannon is an excellent idea. His bend but don't break defense would be a perfect compliment to Kelly's break the scoreboard offense. Keep Shannon if possible,.... yes indeed.
Article on SEC country about just how many 3 stars Kelly used at Oregon. Especially RBs and WRs. Maybe he prefers 3 stars. I would die laughing if he preferentially recruited and won with 3 stars. Half the board wouldn't know whether to be glad or sad.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
  • They are hoping/expecting to announce Kelly on Friday
  • UF is considering turning down a bowl game (if eligible) to focus on recruiting
  • Hoping to keep Randy Shannon for recruiting reasons, but he may get other offers
  • No names for OC are being floated yet
This is legitimate information. Take it or leave it.

The pay boards will be hiding this post behind their paywalls. It's going to be all over social media here shortly.

Discuss.

usatsi_8224235-1.jpg

What would turning down a bowl have to do with him being able to recruit? He isn’t going to coach the game. All turning down a bowl would do is piss off the players.

Chip may be announced Friday, but your source is not to be believed. No way they turn down a bowl. If he gets announced on Friday it is coincidence.

fairfaxgator

Jan 24, 2017
Well, that kinda has something to do with recruiting, doncha think?

Hmmm. Yes our depth was an issue. That has been the case for some time. But I place the blame more on Butters than I do Shannon.

Let’s see what happens to Shannon.

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
What would turning down a bowl have to do with him being able to recruit? He isn’t going to coach the game. All turning down a bowl would do is piss off the players.

Chip may be announced Friday, but your source is not to be believed. No way they turn down a bowl. If he gets announced on Friday it is coincidence.
What is there to gain by playing in the weed Wacker bowl, in a 5,000 seat stadium. Let's be honest, if we played in a bowl game, we would get embarrassed, spend that time getting staff ready and recruit your a$$ off. Hell we can't get the players to show up for an sec game, what makes you think they would show up for a no name bowl game

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He'll give us a good fight every year.
Mullen is like 2-20 vs ranked teams. And he is such an azzhole that he can't recruit. I'd LOVE to have him at Tinerc. The games won't be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb