Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We wouldn't be eligible but we could be selected by a bowl ONLY IF there weren't enough 6-6 or better teams.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
200w.gif
Now that's how you make an entrance. Welcome!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok so I hope this one is right. Seems like this announcement KEEPS getting pushed back day by day by day everyday so we will see. Very exciting to say the least. Can't wait to FINALLY have an offense back in Gainesville!!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What would turning down a bowl have to do with him being able to recruit? He isn’t going to coach the game. All turning down a bowl would do is piss off the players.

Chip may be announced Friday, but your source is not to be believed. No way they turn down a bowl. If he gets announced on Friday it is coincidence.

I hope they do turn down the bowl if it's offered, and I hope it does piss off the players. Bowl games are rewards for players. These guys don't deserve it. These guys have been coddled enough.

I like the idea of dropping the dead weight coaches asap and get guys on the recruiting trail instead of prepping for a worthless game. I see the benefits of retaining Shannon at least a year to help keep this class together and to encourage buy-in with current players. Agree with Law that the defense wasn't his fault this year.

Also I believe Ox's source just like I still believe the info on Hugh Freeze 3 years ago. It makes sense that they would be interested in Freeze but then backed out cause they didn't want to be in a bidding war. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kelly wasn't initially their top choice, but he's a proven, successful guy that's available now. Of course you take him. Glad we have an AD that is actually trying to hire the right guy.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I believe they'll keep Shannon.

Still not sure if the guys getting off the plane were Kelly's agents, but seems more and more likely.
I don't see any reason to keep Shannon. Nice guy, a mediocre DC, and other than being from Miami a mediocre recruiter.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I don't see any reason to keep Shannon. Nice guy, a mediocre DC, and other than being from Miami a mediocre recruiter.
Completely agree with this statement. Shannon imo has not lived up to the hype on the recruiting trail. I think Kelly should evaluate the best recruiters in the game and try and cherry pick a few of those coaches from others schools.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also I believe Ox's source just like I still believe the info on Hugh Freeze 3 years ago.
You guys keep forgetting that Ox source said McElstain several days before the flight to Colorado too... while Pat Dooley was still claiming no way because ofnthe buyout.

I didnt post it here but my source early on said they were all in for Frost and they thought we'd meet his demand, but things change during these processes.

Also the UAA and AD purposefully leak misleading info.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This will help Miami more than you know.

Seriously though, I agree. Shannon’s defenses have made Sidehat’s defenses look like the Steel Curtain.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
If this all turns out to be horseshat, it may be the first time that a coach has ever received death threats from a fan base for not coaching their team.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Dooley is saying we're all full of it, Strickie is still in middle of the process and everybody claiming progress is an ignint bastid.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe related, maybe not, but as of 10 minutes ago Spurrier was at the Gainesville airport per a source of mine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see any problem with Shannon staying on as a position coach. I like the guy - he's a pro. I can't say I'd want him at DC, however.

Personally I think the point is moot because I think he's probably going to get a better offer elsewhere to be a DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator