Chip Kelly

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes those Voles and their foolish dreams. I don't worry about him coming to the SEC, I doubt that is something he would want and the defenses here might make his offense much more difficult that in the past. It did not work in the NFL, it might not work in the SEC either.
Well I remember all the doubters saying urban Meyers offense wouldn't work in the SEC.... of course he did have Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin. So yeah... he had that going for him... I think what it amounts to is getting elite players to play in your system. As much as I hate to admit it, chip Kelley would immediately draw the attention of elite players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well I remember all the doubters saying urban Meyers offense wouldn't work in the SEC....
Yeah, it only didn't work in the first two or last two years. But there was those two good years in the middle though.

He was a helluva ST coordinator though.

I'm not so sure about CK drawing great players. Even though he was a very high profile coach at a very high profile school with all the bling, he didn't draw great classes before. He sure would look like a Ferrari sitting next to our Buttertoothed 72 Plymouth Scamp though.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo.../10/02/butch-jones-memphis-td-club/724008001/

Butch Jones walked into the Marriott ballroom and took his seat at the head table and it felt vaguely sad.

“Any other time, when the Tennessee coach would be here, there would be hundreds of people,” said Jim Reedy, a Tennessee fan. “And when he walked into the room, everyone would stand to applaud.”

There were not hundreds of people.

Nobody stood to applaud.

The plates of chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans may as well have been a last meal.

“I needed a little love so I thought I’d come to West Tennessee,” said Jones.

He was shut out, again.

But give the guy credit for showing up, anyway, for his annual visit to the Memphis Touchdown Club. When you get shut out by Georgia 41-0, even the name — Touchdown Club — is a potential punch line.....

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Looks like his Wikipedia page just got a refresh :facepalm:

Someone please save Ox from sticking his head in the oven

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Kelly

Chip Kelly (born November 25, 1963) is a former American football coach. He is currently head coach for the Tennessee Volunteers. He was a head coach in the National Football League (NFL) twice, with the Philadelphia Eagles from 2013 until 2015, and with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016. Before coaching in the NFL, he was the head coach of the Oregon Ducks from 2009 to 2012, leading the program to four consecutive BCS bowl game appearances including the 2011 BCS National Championship Game.
I don't like all this talk about Chip Kelly and Tennessee. He was really good in college she had some sketchy kids at Oregon he was up and down in the pros mostly down but he has a brilliant offense of mind and can turn this program around in 2 years.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
If he had an offer from both of us I'd have to think he'd take us. As bad as things are here right now, they're still Tennessee.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
The Hill Billies are closer to dumping Butch than Florida is in unloading Butters.
I fully expect this administration to give him an atta boy, a pat on the back, and a big, fat raise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator