Chip Kelly's innovative practice methods

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Eagles had one of the league's lowest rates of player-games lost due to injury during Chip's years.

There isn't a team in the league that needs this more than UF

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody consider that Chip's quirky innovations are why he got fired twice in the NFL?
What was it..?.. fired twice in 6 years?
As to Kelly's vaunted health, nutrition, sleep program, check his body-shape to see how that goes?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Anybody consider that Chip's quirky innovations are why he got fired twice in the NFL?
As to Kelly's vaunted health, nutrition, sleep program, check his body-shape to see how that goes?

Well, to be fair, he isnt a player.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He got fired from the Eagles because he was a bad GM. He got fired from the 49ers because everyone gets fired from the 49ers.

It also bears repeating that failure in the NFL doesn’t necessarily translate into failure at the college level. Ask Nick Saban or Pete Carroll or Steve Spurrier about that.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For seven years it has looked like our offenses have never practiced. What a total 180 this would be.
23659220_1544148518956363_7093645174830578275_n.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will be great to finally have a detailed oriented coach with a plan instead of a whiny, laid-back enabler that only claimed to be detailed oriented.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
I imagine that is part of the total package that Chip wants to bring here and he was looking for a promise (contractual?) from UF to pony up.

I just read that Chip Kelly's agent, David Dunn, is a UCLA alumnus.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nice.

I know he implemented several things in Philly that the players loved. Got rid of some of the nonsense from the latter part of Reid’s tenure that we’re tough for players at first. But once they bought in, the results were clear.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been saying for several years our players didn't look to be in football shape. And I wasn't talking about muscle development necessarily. They always look winded. Often after just one play. I've been wondering if they even do any conditioning in the off-season at all. They don't look like they do imho.

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
This is good stuff! Training has to be hard, fast and rigorous so that everything is easy at game time. Out-work-your-opponent !!!
I hope he is able to handle Gainesville heat ... its not the same as Philly, Oregon or SF. This guy gets it !!!
Go Gators!

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
I'm wondering how much influence David Dunn has over his client, CK to come to UCLA. Does he have a conflict of interest in this?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well this makes me think that Chip Kelly would seem a natural fit for the University that created Gatorade.

I also like that he is innovative both in time usage and player health and performance.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014

All I can say is this is something the Army has been very focused on they call it the Performance Triad. Nutrition, Sleep, and Activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.