Chip Kelly's innovative practice methods

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe those OmegaWave scientific monitoring system best works with a "scientist" trained in applying the device on the player and interpreting their software data. Each unit costs $18,000 per player?? with the rented time of the scientist it's $25,000 each player. (However, I read an article that FSU FS
1-8c9a41b13c.png

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Science, who knew it actually works. And not being so arrogant that you think nobody can ever have ideas you could use.

Now I do wonder if some of those practices would be allowed in college. It will also take quite a bit of money to do these things.

Saban tests every player to determine how they best learn, we should do the same. Take every advantage you can get.

I seem to remember that UF has a lab for performance, Tebow used it for his throwing motion, or at least I seem to remember that.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Anybody consider that Chip's quirky innovations are why he got fired twice in the NFL?
What was it..?.. fired twice in 6 years?
As to Kelly's vaunted health, nutrition, sleep program, check his body-shape to see how that goes?

He allegedly likes beer.. so do I

But my high school son is ripped

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is good stuff! Training has to be hard, fast and rigorous so that everything is easy at game time. Out-work-your-opponent !!!
I hope he is able to handle Gainesville heat ... its not the same as Philly, Oregon or SF. This guy gets it !!!
Go Gators!

He does not have to handle it, the players do. He could even have a portable cooler for himself, not that it would be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb