Chris Rumph gives Gators the bird, heads out to be a Vol

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously I'm biased, but how could someone who was a Gator even for 5 seconds EVER go coach at Tennessee? Those horrible colors, that dumpy stadium, the worst fans in America.....it's a hellhole. I don't care how much they pay, I don't see how it could be done.

Ox, I've just been contacted by Tennessee and am acting as your agent. Tennessee would like you to come on board for 2,000,000 per year with a generous buyout. They wanted me to gauge your interest.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Anyone (UT), stupid enough to poach one of the architects of that miserable excuse for a defense we saw this season, deserves what they are getting. I take great consolation in the misery and failure of those I hate, and I definitely hate UT. They've apparently replaced a numbskull with a ninny, good for them. But really, I have no resentment for Rumph, because he would probably have been let go at some point anyway and would eventually need a job somewhere. However, I personally would rather be a towel boy in a Mexican whorehouse than be at UT in any capacity.

It's pretty obvious that the defensive line and LBs were the best part of UF football the last three years plus

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, I've just been contacted by Tennessee and am acting as your agent. Tennessee would like you to come on board for 2,000,000 per year with a generous buyout. They wanted me to gauge your interest.
I'll take it.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Two hundred grand for me. :yes:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Don't sell out just yet Ox, I hear there is a second opening in that Mexico opportunity. The pay stinks but the fringe benefits are off the chain.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not necessarily suggesting that Mullen pushed Rumph out. But I can say without a doubt that his "relentless effort" comment, which has been repeated again and again, is not directed at the players only. The days of being lax at your job and that being acceptable are over. Rumph embodied that as much as anyone on this staff, evident by his performance as a coach and a recruiter.

Last year, the Usce game was our final big visit weekend(check the link below to see the names). We left the stadium and went directly to Harry's for dinner. Rumph was literally seconds behind me. I held the door for he and his wife, who both appeared to be really good people ftr. But the first thought that immediately hit me was "shouldn't he be with some of the visitors recruiting?". Not saying an all-nighter, but It was like 7:30. Told me a lot about his work ethic and commitment. Zero issue with him leaving.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-visitors-list-for-south-carolina-game/

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'm not necessarily suggesting that Mullen pushed Rumph out. But I can say without a doubt that his "relentless effort" comment, which has been repeated again and again, is not directed at the players only. The days of being lax at your job and that being acceptable are over. Rumph embodied that as much as anyone on this staff, evident by his performance as a coach and a recruiter.

Last year, the Usce game was our final big visit weekend(check the link below to see the names). We left the stadium and went directly to Harry's for dinner. Rumph was literally seconds behind me. I held the door for he and his wife, who both appeared to be really good people ftr. But the first thought that immediately hit me was "shouldn't he be with some of the visitors recruiting?". Not saying an all-nighter, but It was like 7:30. Told me a lot about his work ethic and commitment. Zero issue with him leaving.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-visitors-list-for-south-carolina-game/

Not only that I would expect every coach to be with the team after every game. if the team is not out of the arena the coaches should not be either.

Not being with the recruits could be the HBC decision.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yo, Chris...

:finger:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

The laziness of the Mac regime is the #1 thing that pissed me off the most. You're getting mega-bucks to coach a game, and you can't talk with players on the side lines, meet recruits after the game, and a S&C program not worth. $hit.

I can tolerate if you don't have the skills for a job, but if you 1/2 ass it and suck than your just a dick

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know everyone is so analytically cold. Just because he couldn't recruit or coach well doesn't mean he won't do better singing "Rocky Top". We must be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb