Christian McCaffrey Sitting Out Sun Bowl

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Disgusting. No loyalty. Business decision? I would rather that a minor league be formed that is purely and NFL development league and let the colleges field a team of amateurs. I would get more out of watching the amateurs than watching a bunch of me first, businessmen.

There should be a minor league, where the players get paid to participate... but there isn't. If it was your son and he had an injury riddled season, already knows what scouts think of him. Would you want him risking millions of dollars on an exhibition game?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The best way to curb this is to make payouts 80-20% for winners-losers.

And mandatory prostate exams for all losers.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I guess we'll just have to agree that we disagree on this.

Just don't be moaning on here come January if 6 or 10 of our guys decide not to play in the Gators' bowl game.

(edit: typo)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There won't be much money if this trend continues.

A hand full of players missing a bowl game, or sleep walking through them like we have seen Alabama do when they aren't playing for anything. Either way the bowl games have become a disgrace. Who watched either of the two on this past Saturday?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we'll just have to agree that we disagree on this.

Just don't be moaning on here come January if 6 or 10 of our guys decide not to play in the Gators' bowl game.

(edit: typo)

I didn't last year, and won't this year. Our team will go to Busch Gardens, play in the beach games 10-15 miles from my house, and other bs photo ops for a week. Then play in a meaningless game.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
There should be a minor league, where the players get paid to participate... but there isn't. If it was your son and he had an injury riddled season, already knows what scouts think of him. Would you want him risking millions of dollars on an exhibition game?

Call me crazy, but values mean more to me than money. I would want my son to recognize that not everything is a business decision. Loyalty to something bigger than yourself is not a bad thing. Or is "In All Kinds Of Weather" just a bunch of BS now?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Call me crazy, but values mean more to me than money. I would want my son to recognize that not everything is a business decision. Loyalty to something bigger than yourself is not a bad thing. Or is "In All Kinds Of Weather" just a bunch of BS now?

You go to school to put you in the best position to get a high paying career. To make smart business decisions. The school has made more money off of him and his accomplishments than they have spent. But who should he be more loyal to, himself, his family or a school that will replace him next year regardless. The school will still be making money off of him after he leaves. I rather he be honest about why he is doing it, unlike the fake injuries that used to be a reason in the past.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Man... You can turn every thread into an "our staff stinks" thread can't you ?!?!?

You didnt know that rex and our staff are on speed dial? You should know by now Mac hates this job and hates being paid 4 mil a year and he is deliberately destroying the program.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best way to curb this is to make payouts 80-20% for winners-losers.

And mandatory prostate exams for all losers.

And I know Just the guy to handle the exams...

sandusky.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Man... You can turn every thread into an "our staff stinks" thread can't you ?!?!?
I said thinks not stinks...lol.

From last year's bowl prep I did not get the feeling they took the Mich game seriously. It sounds like a lot of folks feel the same.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It will eventually get to the point that a blue chip high school player will commit to a school and then never play a down so they can prepare for the draft.

Perhaps we should just let these high school asshats go straight to the NFL. If they can make it, good for them. For those that enroll in school, they have to give FOUR years, not 3.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I said thinks not stinks...lol.

From last year's bowl prep I did not get the feeling they took the Mich game seriously. It sounds like a lot of folks feel the same.

LOL... Well it was still the same sentiment...

And yes, last year's bowl game was an embarrassment.... I was still hopeful back then though... I hoped it was just a bunch of selfish players trying not to get hurt. I'm not very hopeful for anything anymore. This years bowl game will tell us a lot. I expect we'll see more of the same.

BUT I have the slightest sliver of hope that they'll show up and play lights out and recruiting will benefit from it... Now what I expect is for us to look apathetic and uninspiring and we sign a mediocre class at best.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is actually a really interesting debate. Man, I can see both sides of it. But it will start creeping more and more into the season and the players will just sit out the last 6 games or their entire senior (or junior) year. Just a further erosion of why I love college football and non-professional sports.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is actually a really interesting debate. Man, I can see both sides of it. But it will start creeping more and more into the season and the players will just sit out the last 6 games or their entire senior (or junior) year. Just a further erosion of why I love college football and non-professional sports.

Just two years ago wasn't that the conversation about the DE from South Carolina Clowney. He should sit out his Junior year, because he might get injured.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It will eventually get to the point that a blue chip high school player will commit to a school and then never play a down so they can prepare for the draft.

Perhaps we should just let these high school asshats go straight to the NFL. If they can make it, good for them. For those that enroll in school, they have to give FOUR years, not 3.

There should be a minor league. Then it becomes a choice, instead of the only system in place is the free (to the NFL) minor league system of NCAA football.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think about this becoming a consuming trend. It's going to be all the first stringers that sit out.
What teams would we be watching?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just two years ago wasn't that the conversation about the DE from South Carolina Clowney. He should sit out his Junior year, because he might get injured.
Pretty sure that idea got tossed around for Fournette, as well. Maybe he should have done it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.