Chump says Driskel to have a vital role in Jax!?

BufordGator

Aug 25, 2014
So tried to get pumped and optimistic along w Ox this week but until Chump and Driskel are run out of town even Ox's Prozac prescription wont help!
My gut says Treon makes 1 mistake and its Driskel to the "rescue"!? on Saturday....

sure hope I am wrong about the above and here's to finally pulling the plug on this mess!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well the knock on him has always been the mental part of his QB game. We all know what kind of athlete he is with the ball in his hands. If they can capitalize on that and give UGA something they've never seen on tape, then I'm all for it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think even Driskel wants Driskel to have a vital role in that game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Harris under center and Driskel as a H-back or TailBack? Pitch out to driskel with a trailing Debose or Showers in a option look? There are possibilities without Driskel having to pass the ball or be under center.

BufordGator

Aug 25, 2014
are you folks actually thinking we might get creative on offense for this game!?

hasn't it been proven time and time again that Chump is way too stubborn to do anything creative at all!

hope you are right though!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n92250 said:
Harris under center and Driskel as a H-back or TailBack? Pitch out to driskel with a trailing Debose or Showers in a option look? There are possibilities without Driskel having to pass the ball or be under center.

That would probably be a recipe for a disaster - Driskel struggles enough with the zone reads.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
the only way I'd want Driskel in there is if it is a designed run for him on the goal line. Treon is superior at reading blocks and handling the ball in read option. He had a jump cut against Tennessee that was cat like. He also had that escaped run against Mizzou which I still don't really understand how he got loose. The only thing I think Driskel should do is bang it in if we call it inside the five.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And where exactly did Muschamp say this? I just read through the transcript of his entire presser today, and all he said was that Jeff had a "sore back" and missed some practice last week, but was going to be "fine" and "back at practice" today. Didn't say anything about his role in the game this weekend.

He did, however, say that Brandon Powell would have a "significant role" in the game this weekend, so maybe you got your quotes mixed up?

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Bring on the FRESHMAN!! They don't know any better. They may still have the taste of repeated victories from their high school

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Brandon playing is great, as long as we arent calling his number out of a goal line formation from the 3 :facepalm:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n92258 said:
And where exactly did Muschamp say this? I just read through the transcript of his entire presser today, and all he said was that Jeff had a "sore back" and missed some practice last week, but was going to be "fine" and "back at practice" today. Didn't say anything about his role in the game this weekend.

He did, however, say that Brandon Powell would have a "significant role" in the game this weekend, so maybe you got your quotes mixed up?

Nope. He said in his announcement that Harris would start but that Driskel would be involved in the offense going forward or something like that. I was hoping they would use him to help send in plays or something....

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
How many times have we heard Muschamp say someone is going to have a "significant role" only to see that player get one or two touches? When he starts in on that all I end up hearing is the teacher from Charlie Brown.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Slug;n92293 said:
How many times have we heard Muschamp say someone is going to have a "significant role" only to see that player get one or two touches? When he starts in on that all I end up hearing is the teacher from Charlie Brown.

Not when it comes to his favorite boy.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wood-clipboard.jpg

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Tear off the band-aid, let Driskel die a fast death. Don't embarrass him at ANOTHER position. You've already cannonballed his career enough, WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.