Chump says Driskel to have a vital role in Jax!?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n92454 said:
I read the entire presser and I didn't see where he said this. Maybe cite the quote?
Sorry Sas, no quotes that I can find. Steve Russell has some twerp do a recap of WM's presser and that's what he reported. He definitely used the word "vital." I'll see if I can dig up something more concrete.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n92461 said:
Well if Muschamp said that then..........And Driskel hasn't practiced much......I'm calling BS. Since he named Treon the starter so quickly = Driskel may not play this week.

The whole point is that Muschamp didn't say that. He didn't even hint at that. OP is just making sh*t up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n92461 said:
Well if Muschamp said that then..........And Driskel hasn't practiced much......I'm calling BS. Since he named Treon the starter so quickly = Driskel may not play this week.
I don't think his role will be on the field either. But scout team qb is very vital

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92462 said:
Sorry Sas, no quotes that I can find. Steve Russell has some twerp do a recap of WM's presser and that's what he reported. He definitely used the word "vital." I'll see if I can dig up something more concrete.
:facepalm:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92469 said:
Are you calling me a liar!?!:sadnanner:

My wife always complains I have selective hearing.
Not you, just the fact that it appears Muschamp didn't even say this, some radio hack did....yet it's gospel truth.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n92474 said:
Not you, just the fact that it appears Muschamp didn't even say this, some radio hack did....yet it's gospel truth.

[video=youtube;v_CgPsGY5Mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CgPsGY5Mw[/video]

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n92474 said:
Fair enough. Either way, there is no reason for Driskel to see the field, unless Treon, Morningwood, and Grier are near death.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92478 said:
Fair enough. Either way, there is no reason for Driskel to see the field, unless Treon, Morningwood, and Grier are near death.

Nobody does gallows humor like us. Well done.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Usually that station plays direct quotes from his presser. And the title of Robbie Andrew 's column was if notebook: driskels new role.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92478 said:

If they want him to run the ball a few times or even catch a couple passes, I'm all for it. It would be a wrinkle that no team has seen yet, and Driskel is a great runner.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lol like it even really matters at this point whether he plays....

"Too high..."
"Not too high, too hard."
"Who gives a sh*t? It's gone!"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If I was muschamp I'd start driskel keep him in no matter what. Even if he turns the ball over 7 or 8 times I'd go out tin cup style!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n92486 said:
Usually that station plays direct quotes from his presser. And the title of Robbie Andrew 's column was if notebook: driskels new role.
Yet there is no quote in the transcripts of his presser. Soooo......

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n92487 said:
If they want him to run the ball a few times or even catch a couple passes, I'm all for it. It would be a wrinkle that no team has seen yet, and Driskel is a great runner.
If he can truly offer some wrinkle that no other player on our team can provide, then go for it. I just don't see why they didn't have a role like this for Treon. He can run and pass too. To me, it seems like Muschamp feels guilty for the downfall of Driskel's career so he is trying to get him in the game however possible.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n92493 said:
Yet there is no quote in the transcripts of his presser. Soooo......

I went back and looked at it and there's a question mark after his new role. Then it said he's still not sure what his new role will be. And he said we'll see as the week goes on. He kinda shook the question off really

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92494 said:
If he can truly offer some wrinkle that no other player on our team can provide, then go for it. I just don't see why they didn't have a role like this for Treon. He can run and pass too. To me, it seems like Muschamp feels guilty for the downfall of Driskel's career so he is trying to get him in the game however possible.

At this point I would be shocked if they let JD throw the ball outside of Treon getting hurt, but he's a great athlete with the ball in his hands and could absolutely make something positive happen if he got a few touches throughout the game. Can't be any worse than Pittman or Dunbar dropping passes.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n92508 said:
At this point I would be shocked if they let JD throw the ball outside of Treon getting hurt, but he's a great athlete with the ball in his hands and could absolutely make something positive happen if he got a few touches throughout the game. Can't be any worse than Pittman or Dunbar dropping passes.
True, he can't be worse than anybody on offense at this point. Definitely feel bad for the guy though. Wouldn't mind seeing him have some success at a different position. He may flourish if he is in a position where he doesn't have to think too much.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing H-back and calling plays/assignments for Treon, at least in some 3rd down situations. I don't think the coaches trust Treon to make those on-the-field decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.