Classic Saban losing his s***

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Saban imo wants Meyer bad. Saban is super competitive and wants to be the best. The only person who has beat Saban is Meyer and it probably drives Saban crazy knowing there's a coach who has his number.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Saban can be a real prick. I wonder if the NFL stresses to the coaches not to act like that too much or they will take action. You get some attitudes there but not this Saban level of talking to reporters like that. Even Saban wasn't as bad most times with reporters in Miami. He would lie but dont remember nearly as much demeaning talk there.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't seem like a prick to me. He sounded like a competent professional contractually doomed to standing in front of a bunch of window-licking assclown reporters and having to answer their stupid questions about a game played by 19 year old kids.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is a jerk, but no one cares. When you have a warehouse full of trophies you can act any way you like. What can you do, question his methods? He's one of those guys that could take ANY program and make them contenders in record time.

Example - put Saban at Boston College right now and what would you get? They would win the conference in two years and probably compete for the NC in the 3rd.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you needed any reminding why Alabama keeps on winning and winning, forward the tape to 3:00 and listen for the next 60 seconds as Saban responds to a reporter openly wonder whether Bama can afford to lose Saturday's game against Florida.

Is this guy wound tight or what? :lol:

He's afraid his team won't be fully engaged and the Mighty Gators will dominate them for the SEC Crown!

:chomp:

/jk

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm one of the few who don't think he's a jerk, not intentionally anyway. What he is, is intense, driven, focused and, at times, brusque. You watch that interview and you see a guy who takes his job serious and is willing to do what he has to even through dealing with the media probably ranks low for him. I've always seen him as cordial in regular interviews.

Now, I hope we beat his ass into submission Saturday so I can point out what a jerk he is.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is a jerk, but no one cares. When you have a warehouse full of trophies you can act any way you like. What can you do, question his methods? He's one of those guys that could take ANY program and make them contenders in record time.

Example - put Saban at Boston College right now and what would you get? They would win the conference in two years and probably compete for the NC in the 3rd.
Thats just because its the ACC

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015

No joke, I was about to ask that same question. If he went to a losing school, I bet the best recruits in the nation would still flock to him, along with the best assistant coaches. He would get all the support from their fans and administration, and they would do exactly like you say. National champions within a few years. I have no doubt.

Many people hate Saban and Kiffin, but not Alabama fans. Their record speaks for itself.

And I'm sure I would get tired of those stupid questions, too. Actually I think Saban is great entertainment when he does his press conferences. And I think the media just try to make him go off with their questions. When he does, it makes headlines all over the country. Most of them are rhetorical anyway. Does Saban think it is ok to lose a game? They knew the answer before they asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator