Clemson QB to transfer

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Gator Fever, Sep 26, 2018.

1. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Apex predator of the political forum biome
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,069
    Ratings:
    +2,234 / -18
    I get where you're coming from - and basically agree in principle. It's just become so much of a business. College football used to at least feel like it's own thing, but the past decade or so it has started to seem more and more like just a development league for the NFL. The old strict rules helped prevent this - but I also feel like when the coaches can be completely mercenary, it isn't exactly fair to the kids to chain them to a commitment. Both the coach and the players are signing a contract of sorts - but there is little downside for the coaches and big downside for the players.

So when a kid isn't getting the spotlight, now we see him wanting to "get hired" by some other team that will give it to him. Sad - and certainly a sign of the times; but I think also a sign of the change in college football climate and culture.