Clemson QB to transfer to Missouri

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
, “we’re better off sticking with Franks.” He was declared a bust up until a few months ago (or less?).
Yeah but this time last year, GCMB herdthink was that if Franks were on the field we were going 15-0.
LDR was the WORST EVER. ANYONE BUT DELRIO!!!!!!

(And ANYONE but Treon before that.)

And yet every ANYONE we try becomes the next anyone but ANYONE.

You must follow the herd.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like UF being loyal to our own, now that we have a coaching crew that can develop Gators.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Something to chew on.

2001-2015 - In 9 of those seasons Dan Mullen was coaching a starting QB who would be drafted in the NFL (Josh Harris, Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott). It is 11 seasons (2016-2017) if you include Nick Fitzgerald, who is predicted between rounds 4 to 7. Scouts differ widely on him. Long ways to go yet. I think he'll be drafted on physical ability alone in the 6th or 7th.

The point? I think Mullen knows what he is doing at QB.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That is a crazy situation. I doubt he will be redshirted now as he has already played in the first 4 games and the other QB on the roster is a walk on I think so they need Fields if Fromm has to come out of the game.

I think he made a mistake going there as he might only get one year as the starter unless they get another situation like the one that put Fromm in as the starter.
It's a situation in process since this is the first year of the rule, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak it a after this year.

But I think these kids can talk to the coach and lay it out honestly by saying, "Hey coach, I played 4 and lost the job so I need you to shut me down so I don't have to sit out next year. But in exchange I'll stay on the team, and if there is a real injury, like season ending I'll come in and play. But if he gets knicked, you got to play the 3rd stringer so I don't lose a year". If the coaches are smart they'll go for it because if they say no, the way the rule is now the kid can just pull a Bryant and bolt, then you lose your plan B altogether.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Salivating over a QBs record that got beat out at a top school is stupid - kid is clearly limited and Clemson is going with a clearly better option. Him fitting at UF for 1 year doesn’t do much. Board needs to stop fantasizing about a magic bullet that will come in and solve all the offensive woes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Salivating over a QBs record that got beat out at a top school is stupid - kid is clearly limited and Clemson is going with a clearly better option. Him fitting at UF for 1 year doesn’t do much. Board needs to stop fantasizing about a magic bullet that will come in and solve all the offensive woes.
Depends on what the coach thinks of Jones potential. Maybe Franks gets it really going soon but with his play now I would definitely take a transfer like this if he would come here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on what the coach thinks of Jones potential. Maybe Franks gets it really going soon but with his play now I would definitely take a transfer like this if he would come here.
How about now?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Kelly Bryant: “Dabo, it’s me Kelly. Hey, I’ve changed my mind about transferring. I’m outside the stadium right now and can be dressed and ready to play in 5 minutes. Whaddya say?”

Dabo: “Who?”

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Kelly Bryant: “Dabo, it’s me Kelly. Hey, I’ve changed my mind about transferring. I’m outside the stadium right now and can be dressed and ready to play in 5 minutes. Whaddya say?”

Dabo: “Who?”

Dabo: “Kelly, it’s Dabo. Listen man, my phone was hacked. I understand you’re outside the stadium. I’m sending the AD out to get you. Hurry and suit up...we need you!”

Kelly Bryant: “Sorry Dabo, Coach Babers let me in a few minutes ago. Trying on my Syracuse jersey. See you in the Carrier Dome next year. :giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator