Clinton pal Harvey Weinstein caught in decades long sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pilot-in-fla, Oct 5, 2017.

1. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $105
    Ratings:
    +3,880 / -70
    Please check out the legal situation and know what you may be facing. Even those of us who spar with you in here all the time want you to take care to protect your legitimate interests.

2. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    1. Meaning what exactly? That actresses are forced to perform these duties and then keep quiet about it? Are there prospective actresses being kidnapped and held at gunpoint to audition?

No they did not were just made to feel used. And should have not kept quiet because..it would have done so much good, not as we see by the girl who got it on tape and it still did not good...given up their careers for what????

2. Again, could the actresses have walked away when propositioned? Yes, because some of them did. But and increasing number of victims CHOSE to either perform the tricks, or keep quiet about so as to not put their careers in jeopardy. So I guess the love of money is the root of all evil......

Then I am a whore...I was harassed, I like being A trauma nurse, not just and ICU nurse or even a CVICU nurse, but a trauma nurse, my job made me excited to go to work every day, there was one trauma facility in 150 miles, I chose to deal with it, but i neither liked it nor did I deserve it just to do my job. But I was of course, a whore in your book for putting up with it, not bringing it to light for no good reason as nothing was gonna change. Ok then I am a whore tho I never got a dime other than my pay.

3. So you mean to tell me that with the hordes of women accusers, who all knew Weinstein was a pervert who would black ball those who didn't give in to his advances, they could not unite with one voice to expose and stop this, instead choosing to play along to further their careers? I wholeheartedly disagree with your philosophy. You say something because it's the right thing to do, no matter what difference is made.

None of them knew the other existed. If they did they would have banded together. They each felt alone.

#202 Traumagirl, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $101
    Ratings:
    +6,733 / -10
    He's right Av. I worked on a case just like that in Gainesville. Child not the same race as the husband, mother had left him years before the child was born, and he got a fat judgment against him for years of unpaid child support and interest...despite proof that he wasn't the father.

Alex.

4. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187

5. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $169
    Ratings:
    +2,973 / -42
    :what::doh:

6. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $61
    Ratings:
    +650 / -6
    Did the acre
    Did actresses feel alone when they all stood, females included, and cheered when Roman Polanski was given an award at one of the awards shows.?

7. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
    Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

It has not been discounted in this thread, and cannot be, that in the context of the Weinstein story, these actors and actresses are like prostitutes, valuing their careers over doing the morally right thing and reporting the CRIME (in a few of these instances) against them. Offer whatever comparisons you wish to, it is an unavoidable fact that for whatever reason, these victims assigned a value to their prospective careers (and the money) much higher than their own dignity. That choice, to not report these crimes or harassments, directly impacted their lives and the lives of the other future victims.

Maybe you should take a step back from this discussion and ask yourself how you would handle it if it was a different form of "crime" or impropriety. If Weinstein would have been raping toddlers does that change this discussion? If Weinstein was beating minorities with chains and throwing their mutilated corpses into a dumpster, is reporting that worth risking one's career over? Then why is forcing women to perform sex acts or subjecting them to his indecent exposure any different?

If the deciding factor in a moral dilemma is money, then that person's priorities are not what they should be - for their sake and the sake of the innocent who may be future victims.

Finally, your point #3 is patently inaccurate - according to the plethora of information I have linked to in this very thread, it was WIDELY known amongst the actresses about the habits of the pervert Weinstein.

8. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $61
    Ratings:
    +650 / -6
    That is a good point 82, why put yourself in that situation if you have a good idea of what's coming?

9. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +737 / -10
    They ate that up! Pathetic. on a side note Hillary Clinton would no doubt Mock and laugh at the girl Roman Polanski raped.

10. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $73
    Ratings:
    +878 / -9
    I’m in Atlanta for meetings this week. Our group had dinner tonight at the Publik Draft House, right next to the Fox Theater where...Hillary is speaking tonight. Tickets $100 (I hear.) Egad. Weird to see people streaming up the sidewalk to see such a corrupt loser.

Friend who was a prosecutor in Miami told me of a conversation he’d had with another prosecutor after years of prosecution the mob, drug smugglers etc. “How many people have you known who died violent deaths?” “Two.” “Me too - two. Then how is it that the Clintons know over 20?”

11. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187
    Women (whatever age you decide I guess) are all whores and prostitutes if they did not immediately step up and refuse their
    abusers or expose said abuser to the world. They had a MORAL dilemma and have some how failed in their humanity and character part. Well, a certain POS let us know what he was and even good Christians voted for him. One of those that admitted he was a Harvey W. person. Glad you overcame that "moral dilemma".
    One thing about this new regime is you see all kinds of sad attempts at defending what most of us thought was the indefensible.....!

12. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $169
    Ratings:
    +2,973 / -42
    Buyers remorse?

13. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $105
    Ratings:
    +3,880 / -70
    If Hillary had been Polanski's attorney, she would likely have gotten him off like she did the admitted child rapist in Arkansas.

14. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7

Listen Grumpy, not sure if they taught reading comprehension where ever it was that they awarded you the piece of paper that qualifies you to teach PE, but you very obviously do not possess the common ability to understand clear English text.

So again, IN THE CONTEXT OF THE WEINSTEIN ACCUSERS, which in any language does not translate to ALL WOMEN, they could and should have spoken up against the crimes but CHOSE not to as a result of not wanting to risk their opportunity for fame and fortune.

If there was a PE teacher who was all "buddy-buddy" with the school district superintendent, who exposed himself to kids during class, but a teacher's aide didn't want to report it for fear that her own job would be in jeopardy, that would be an absolutely horrific failure to do what is right. Please explain to me how the failure of the Weinstein accusers (or anyone else who knew of the situation) to report him for the last 20 years is any different.

15. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $133
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / -185
    You are no whore. You are kicking ass.

16. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $133
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / -185
    That judge has issues. She has already admitted that it was not mine in writing. And is posting pics of the dad on Facebook,

17. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +6,632 / -9
    You’re still not getting it

18. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
  19. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187
    good shot there g8tr..........as I have 2 minutes I will be short.........more words do not mean more clarity.......your message was loud and clear..............your strawmen do not come close to defending the idea that ALL these women are mostly repsonsible for the perv and assshole that used them. But, hey, if it lets you sleep at night that is always important.............you defend pervs and I will defend women..............can you comprehend that?
    btw I have two degrees from UF so if you wanta play edumucation jeopardy let's have some fun. smh......
    Personal attacks are so gauche

20. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
    :facepalm:

Did you not read the rest of the post?

With your supreme logic and intellectual superiority, please show me ONE SINGLE instance in this thread where I "defend pervs."

If you can't, and you won't, then any comments you are making have zero credibility. None.

Is this just your way of post padding? Will you not incite within yourself the fortitude to simply address the questions I have presented?

Not that you care (or likely will even read) but I have and continue to invest time volunteering to help victims of sexual violence find healing and help. I absolutely abhor the perverts who rob people of their dignity.

But to stop it, someone has to have the courage to say something, whether they reside in Brooker, or in Hollywood. Why should there be double standards in how we should combat sexual abuse based on a victims career dream?

Complete. Insanity.