Clinton pal Harvey Weinstein caught in decades long sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pilot-in-fla, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $61
    Ratings:
    +650 / -6
    Coach, when all of these stars at the Academy Awards get to the microphone and make tons of outrageous statements (political & other) where everyone oohs and awhs at their courage for taking a stance, one might think that would be a perfect platform to call out, expose and embarrass these perverted SOB's for all the world to see. Sorry, but the way this was brought out makes me highly skeptical of the motives of the accusers.

2. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
    Here's how the Hollowood elites feel about rapists.

Fast-forward to the 1:10 mark in the clip below to see Streep (and lots of other top names in Hollywood) giving convicted rapist Roman Polanski a standing ovation when he won the Academy Award for Best Director for “The Pianist” in 2003:

3. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187
    double fckn standards to fight sexual abuse? How about like the old days where fathers and brothers just beat the sh#T outa the perverts............I am trying to understand how you imagine this as some black and white solution. Abuse comes in all kinds of ways and times in women's lives. Some of it happens in their own homes. Maybe you grew up in June Cleavers house but the boogie man is real for many females on earth. Your idea that they just man up and tell it like it is is just fine in a perfect world. Some are so damaged and intimidated the easy way is too stfu or just kill themselves.............

4. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7
    Oh. My. God.

5. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $34
    Ratings:
    +737 / -10
    No doubt. Sad.

6. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $170
    Ratings:
    +7,368 / -23
    :lmao2:

Yeah, that's how these types of conversations with coach usually end.

7. gingerlover

gingerlover Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $84
    Ratings:
    +1,071 / -5
    Looks like the lady that started the Huffington Post is now on the list of accused

8. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4

[testifying why she kept a copy of the admittance form] After the operation, when that poor girl she went into a coma, Dr. Towler called me in. He told me that he'd had five difficult deliveries in a row and he was tired... and he never looked at the admittance form. And he told me to change the form. He told me to change the '1' to a '9'... or else... or else he said, he said he'd fire me. He said I'd never work again. Who were these men? Who were these men? I wanted to be a nurse!

It's not like that so much today. We actually have a way to report such things which are called "sentinal events" through risk management. He is going to know who reported him and it's going to make working with him and facing him every day super uncomfortable, and they are not going to fire him if he brings in business but they won't fire you for whistle blowing either, and he can't really blackball you like Weinstein could have. Things are so much better than they were 25 years ago, especially with more female physicians (though still few surgeons), but they could be better. Hospitals could discipline doctors and not look at how much they make off the cases they bring in. I saw ONE surgeon fired, in my entire career, and it was not for harassment though he was the most disgusting pig of them all, or getting caught having sex in the recovery room, hey it was consensual right? Nope, it was for stealing OR drugs and not getting clean. Surgery on drugs once they know it is a HUGE liability. So what got him fired? their bottom line. Not much else will. He was an employee of the hospital as a trauma surgeon. Most are not employees all they can really do to them is pull their privileges.

#228 Traumagirl, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  9. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    Here is how, the PE teacher would be putting in jeopardy the lives of minor non-adult children. Versus being willing to endure it herself. Second, anyone who exposed themselves to kids would be immediately fired. I.E. the PE teacher could actually accomplish something by telling. These girls saying anything about Weinstein would have ruined their careers but not his. And we have evidence of that as even when caught on tape, admitting to a sexual assault (grabbing a woman's breast) the police and NY prosecutor did nothing. SO he said she said, really? What would even be the point?

10. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    What does that have to do with the price of apples in Denmark? Do you know that all the women who complained cheered?

The acceptance in Hollywood is an issue and why it is important this all came out or how will it change? Polanski is a pig, Woody Allen is a pig. I would never, no matter their talent, watch a film either of them ever did again. But does Hollywood's reaction mean the girl Polanski raped deserved it? Or that these girls did either?

#230 Traumagirl, Nov 14, 2017
  11. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    It was known I don't think they traded stories. And if they were prostitutes what does that make Weinstein? It's all on them? Yes if they are hurting someone else you must report, if you it is your choice. Do you know how many victims of rape do not report at all without the fear of being blackballed just because it is too much for them? They don't want to face an average Joe let alone a rich and powerful guy. Maybe every rape victim who does not report is a criminal too. HERE IS WHAT YOU ARE TOO THICK HEADED TO GET; IT WOULD HAVE DONE NO GOOD!!! If it's a rape and you have a rape kit, and are bruised up enough you could actually get a conviction, unless it's your boyfriend or a date then lots of luck. You would have the pain of court, you would have to tell a jury every detail of likely one of the most horrifying moments of your life, but you could accomplish something.They would have gotten nowhere. So you are going to give up your career, because of his bad behavior to report to who exactly? The studios knew and kept him. A girl got it on tape they still kept him and that was a prosecutable offense, did they prosecute? Nope, they had this girl go through a whole charade, got it on tape, and did....wait for it....NOTHING! Geez, men. News flash, when you are a woman, and in that situation, you know when you are outgunned. Also these girls were super young and how I would handle something in my 40's is very different than in my young twenties. I doubt very much that you have daughters. If you did and it happened to them you would not blame them you would blame the SOB who put them through it. Gwyneth Paltrow was smart. She went to her boyfriend, Brad Pitt, and he told him to cut it out. Not everyone had an established boyfriend to stick up for them. That was about all you could have done.

12. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +4,092 / -63
    Of course most would say nothing until the damn broke to keep getting work. Heck most of them sleep with people to get into the business and get their work anyway except for a small number and that isn't a secret to anyone. They should apologize to the females that didnt make it because they slept their way into roles that some others might have got if they were willing to sleep around with the decision makers.

13. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,946 / -7

And very respectfully, here is what are too stubborn to comprehend - saying something to anyone is better than saying and doing nothing. If that statement is not correct, then you need to inform law enforcement, every victim advocate I've ever met, and RAINN representatives that they are doing it all wrong and wasting their time. Write them a letter......

Or you know what, I give up. Continue to teach your peers to simply endure whatever crimes someone else wants to exploit them for, because saying something has never changed anything. We'll see what your snowflake mentality does for this society.

And all this time I thought feminism was going to empower women. Nope, you read it here people, all the marches and protests are just a hypocritical facade, because combating abusive men is a colossal waste of time.

You are right, I don't have daughters. But I have spent a whole lot of money and time rescuing abused women from terrible situations. You know how that mission began? Because I encouraged the victims to have the courage to say something, rather than silently cower down to the perverted and abusive men.

I'm sorry you disagree.

14. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    First: Are they lying? Let's put aside their motives. Did they ask for it? NO so what does it have to do with his behavior? Are you somehow intimating that they took it therefore they deserved it? That what he did was ok?

#234 Traumagirl, Nov 15, 2017
  15. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +4,092 / -63
    Just saying they are part of the problem not saying anything when this mess happened and many times sleeping with people to get started in the industry and to get ahead.

16. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    They are not doing it wrong. Victims will get better by working through their trauma. If they don't have the courage would you beat them up or sympathize that they just did not have the ability or courage to do so? In your book then they must have deserved it.

I did not say it "never does any good". In fact, I said in the instance of someone exposing themselves to school children it would certainly result in firing and likely criminal charges. In certain occupations sexual harassment is not tolerated and going to human resources stops it in it's tracks. What I said is when it is happening to you you are perceptive enough to know if the institution will not back you or the person doing it is too powerful and connected to be stopped. When it is futile you have the choice to leave or find a way to deal if you like or need your job. Choosing to deal is a personal choice and they are not "bad" for it, and it does not excuse the man's behavior. Once again here it seems like it's the woman's fault for enduring abuse not the abusers fault for perpetrating it.

How did I know you did not have daughters? Because the same perceptiveness that told me that told me that turning in some pig doctors would get me all of nowhere and make doing my job since I had to work with them super uncomfortable. Women know.

DV is a whole different story: Women who stay with abusive men do often tell, call the police, it does not generally stop abusers. They often go back for myriad reasons but the top are they have children and are dependent on the man for financial support, if they don't report at all they are ashamed to even have found themselves in that situation and believe they can fix it by being more perfect, their religion which places a high emphasis and marriage and says if they are divorced they can never remarry so they are inclined to try very hard to make it work, they want to have an intact family for their children and themselves so they try for the kids sake, they have been so beaten down for so long they think they deserve it and have no self esteem. They literally cannot picture how they would get and hold a job and take care of kids let alone ever find anyone else who would want them so be relegated to being without a loving partner for the rest of their life. And make no mistake in between the beatings until near the end (DV always escalates) there is a loving honeymoon phase. Men are so simplistic when they say just leave.

#236 Traumagirl, Nov 15, 2017
  17. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    These women did not willingly sleep with Harvey Weinstein. What does what you believe some women do have to do with Weinstein, their abuse, or even this thread? This is about sexual harassment, unwanted sexual advances, not seducing a producer to get a role.

18. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $25
    Ratings:
    +186 / -4
    NONE of these women willingly slept with Harvey Weinstein. What's your point?

19. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $61
    Ratings:
    +650 / -6
    Maybe a free one if it was molested, it is Denmark you know.
    No one has said that, you're making false conclusions again

20. gatordad3

gatordad3 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $54
    Ratings:
    +595 / -6
    Are we forgetting Ashley Judd? When she met Weinstein in his hotel, all she had to do was walk out and live off her mother and sister's fame. In the end, (Judd claims it was to avoid rape) she agreed to have sex with him in exchange for an Oscar. Not a nomination, but to win an Oscar. We all know Ashley Judd is a garbage actress.