Clowns Opening Investigation into the Rapist

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
My favorite thing about this dude is when you bunch his title up into one word it spells therapist.
ill take that ape -tit for 200...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No different than requiring holder to investigate F&F... the wolf is guarding the hen house, snowballs chance in h... of anything coming of this.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n42171 said:
Informed by decades of experience in the sports industry, Mr. Cornwell provides strategic legal and business advice, and assists clients in navigating the maze of complex business and legal issues that arise in the sports industry.
So now rape is a legal issue related to the sports industry?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see any part of this impacting the Rapist, he will run to the NFL and maybe pay a portion of his signing bonus to the victim but that is it.
The real issue here is not the rapist, it is the cover up executed by FSU, TPD, and Jumbo himself. Although I share everyones cynicism, I just don't see how FSU will be able to slime their way out of this. Assaulting a woman has finally become a hot button issue in this country and as soon as the "alseep at the switch" masses in this country hear what really happend, I see this having major ramifications to the three parties that covered it up. The real story is the "Rapestgate" coverup moreso than the crime.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Double Gator Dad said:
I don't see any part of this impacting the Rapist, he will run to the NFL and maybe pay a portion of his signing bonus to the victim but that is it.
The real issue here is not the rapist, it is the cover up executed by FSU, TPD, and Jumbo himself. Although I share everyones cynicism, I just don't see how FSU will be able to slime their way out of this. Assaulting a woman has finally become a hot button issue in this country and as soon as the "alseep at the switch" masses in this country hear what really happend, I see this having major ramifications to the three parties that covered it up. The real story is the "Rapestgate" coverup moreso than the crime.
Which is usually the case.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why the New York Times is writing about this at all. It's a black-on-white crime not the other way around.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
From the WSJ article:
Florida State's code of conduct for students prohibits "any sexual act that occurs without the consent of the victim" . . .
So, how exactly is there a victim if there is consent? FSU code of conduct written by clowns for clowns.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
Not sure why the New York Times is writing about this at all. It's a black-on-white crime not the other way around.
I like this from the comments section:

"It is kind of like the Catholic Church investigating their priests for pedophilia. "

Spot on.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
I don't care who writes about it. The writer that did actual investigative journalism put the not only the crime but the extensive cover up ( school, government) into the public awareness. It was being suppressed. Googling all kinds of terms I would come for pages on only articles that the Rapeis was not charged , and the he had volunteered his semen for DNA testing- a statement released by his slimeball technically within the law of legal ethics lawyer, which of course did not mention that he volunteered a sample only because at that point FDLE had told TPD repeatedly while being ignored, to get a sample from him.

This was a massive injustice. Media should write about it. Injustice not only to the victim, but to the public in that the agencies set up to maintam a just legal system and citizen protection, thew out their legal duties for the benefit of special interests and political network exchanges.. That is a huge deal. Not to mention sending rape protection in this state for women and children back to the dark ages.

I thank God a decent reporter bothered to take the time to make it public- and remember - it was only public in the sports section, Most of America is unaware of how the state and tallahassee officials conducted this. I was raised believing in certain rights as an American. It got indoctrinated into us early in elementary school, so to me it is a big deal.

There are larger issues, more important issues than personal politics involved.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
burt_reynolds.jpg

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I found the post I mentioned earlier from the other forum. This is totally not documented, just supposed word of mouth.

"WHO IS PAYING WINSTON:S LEGAL FEES

sflagator (may 2 or 3)
Jensen was representing him, Cornwell is now. I know Cornwell, had cases against him. He represented A Rod, Brian Braun, etc. He narrowly lost the election for director of the NFLPA. He doesn't work for free. So again, I ask, who paid him?
Actually since I posted this I've been told who hired him, or at least who is suspected. Guess what, it wasn't famous Jameis or his family ..
sflagator (May 5)
I was told by a good source that someone connected to David Dunn is paying the bill for JW. I have no way to verify this info, but if Dunn ends up being JW's agent, well then we are getting somewhere."

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The New York Times, despite their vast resources to do so, hasn't done anything on this story. It's a wire story and the writer made a couple of superficial calls to get a couple of superficial quotes. Every media outlet has printed the same basic info. If they really wanted to cover this they'd talk about the decades long pattern of date rape and drugging of women on that campus, the amount of violence against women on that campus by athletes who get no repercussions from it, and the schools colossal failure to protect this woman's civil rights in an effort to protect their star player. The only reason they've covered it at all is because the action stems from an Obama initiative. It's a huge story that they continue to sit on because it doesn't fit their obnoxious race-baiting political agenda.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is not doing well financially and the loss of federal funding due to Title IX violations and lawsuits could be quite serious. If the investigation is impartial and thorough (well, it could be), this could hurt them bad.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
I saw his name back when the TItile IX investigation started and Winston had an Atlanta lawyer. When I get back this afternoon, I will pull out what a lawyer poster on another forum was told about this through his Atlanta legal network connections back then. Highly suspicious, but the agent was using a third party in between.

Meanwhile, if allowed, this from today's swamp gas forum. Apologies to the poster as I did not look at the name, but I am merely quoting his info. All of the following is his quote

""Here's what I find interesting: A family "advisor" to Winston released a statement yesterday, in which he named the alleged victim. Scummy enough that the media outlets I've seen mention it have redacted her name.

But I googled the "advisor's" name and got this bio back:

David Cornwell is a partner in the Sports, Media and Entertainment practice in the firm’s Atlanta office. He was recently appointed as the Executive Director of the National Football League Coaches Association, representing the interests of nearly 500 assistant coaches in the NFL.

Considered one of the premier attorneys for professional athletes, sports agencies, executives, and companies in the sports industry, Mr. Cornwell’s background includes the representation of a professional sports league (NFL), professional athletes (as a sport agent), and a major sports licensee (the Upper Deck Company). He has also represented professional sports franchises, league and team executives, and coaches. Informed by decades of experience in the sports industry, Mr. Cornwell provides strategic legal and business advice, and assists clients in navigating the maze of complex business and legal issues that arise in the sports industry.

http://www.gordonrees.com/lawyers/w/wm-david-cornwell-sr

So two questions: A. Who's paying this guy? B. I added the bolded emphasis because why is no one asking what Winston is doing with a professional agent? "
That always seems to be the elephant in the room that the fawning sports media dismisses. It is the same garbage we hear when the annual Bama RB phat ride photo pops up on the old internet. In spite of the fact we see the places where some of these kids grow up on their ESPN halftime feel good stories, they magically produce money for things they "need". If anyone does happen to mention it, the cries of racism go flying in every direction. No one has the courage to say anything anymore. Folks let emotion cloud their sense of morality. Fans (or anyone really with a vested social interest) build some of these athletes (or celebrities in general) into larger than life cultural icons. When they face real human dilemmas, those fans shamelessly excuse them for inexcusable behavior. Behavior that would send an average Joe up the creek. Winston is virtually untouchable in the court of public opinion right now. If you bring up something about him, you are labeled a racist or a Gator fan.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
With Cornwell's blathering in the article, it appears he's taking the "best defense is a good offense" approach.

Still amazed the clowns have retained him. I smell fear.

Really need to find out either who's paying his fee or who the rapist signs with for an agent after this season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n42270 said:

I think that is what exactly will happen. He'll bolt to the NFL and I actually think that FSUck with the timing of starting this "investigation" will allow him to scate and they can say, "well we looked into the matter." I would love to see him, the school, and the TPD go down for this. With this incident there is no telling how many more of them there are.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't seem to be hurting them with kids they just picked up Cambell, a 5* recruit. All this junk seems to only matter to us, not the players picking teams. FSU is smoking us right now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n42921 said:
It doesn't seem to be hurting them with kids they just picked up Cambell, a 5* recruit. All this junk seems to only matter to us, not the players picking teams. FSU is smoking us right now.

Well, how good will Winston's replacements be ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator