Coach Mac and Nussy Meeting w/ The Griers Today

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
If we get Eason I really do think Grier transfers but if we don't then Franks or Del Rio holds the fort until he comes back

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see JMac asking Grier to leave. He may be trying to convince him and his daddy to stay, but I just don't see him asking him to leave. We have zero depth at QB. Treon doesn't even count anymore after his horrible performance in the last several games.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
I don't think Mac asks him to leave, I think he makes a personal decision to go to a school with less competition and he can still potentially develop for the league if he desires

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hasn't Franks already said he wants to redshirt? From what I have heard Franks has a lot of work to do before he is really ready to play. People keep talking like a true freshman can come in at QB and do well... I can't think of one true freshman who has come in as starting QB and really succeeded...

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Hey Guys,

First time posting! Been a lurker for years, hope to contribute a little bit here and there in the future.

What are everyone's thoughts on Kyle Allen and Trevor Knight finding a home at UF? I saw this morning they're both transferring, with Knight being able to play immediately.

A QB of his experience would definitely at least be serviceable for a year while Eason and / or Franks redshirt. Knight graduates, then it's open competition between Grier and whomever in 2017.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Guys,

First time posting! Been a lurker for years, hope to contribute a little bit here and there in the future.

What are everyone's thoughts on Kyle Allen and Trevor Knight finding a home at UF? I saw this morning they're both transferring, with Knight being able to play immediately.

A QB of his experience would definitely at least be serviceable for a year while Eason and / or Franks redshirt. Knight graduates, then it's open competition between Grier and whomever in 2017.
Heard this on the radio up here in Atllanta. The Dwags will be in the market for a QB, as well. They're gonna struggle convincing anyone to come there without an OC on the payroll.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Jacob Eaton signs with us and Grier transfers, we will have the following QBs on our roster: Franks, Eaton, Harris, Fallace, Gready, Del Rio. It will likely end up a Gready-Fallace-Eaton competition for starter.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome aboard rockingchair. The UGLY's are liking their chances with Knight.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

I doubt kyle allen could end up as they probably won't let him transfer in conference and he would have to sit out a year. My guess is Allen ends up in the Big 12 somewhere. Kinght is a possibility if he graduates this month, but he is reaching out to UGA at the moment.

I don't want Grier to leave either, especially if you have the scholly and you think he is the best option for you. That being said he should have to earn everything back and if someone else is playing well that would be hard until 2017. The kid is the most proven thing we have and will still have 2.5 years of eligibility left after suspension, but his daddy may meddle to much. If the new kids work out and Del Rio is serviceable he just may never get a chance here. I agree with his release though and think he could be really good if he doesn't screw it up. If i were him I would be doing everything I could be doing to atone for costing us the last half of the year with Treon. In my opinion he owes UF more than UF owes him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Grier did well in our new offense as a RS freshman. He will know more about
it than any other QB even by the 7th game of Del Rio.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he comes back. Let's face it, if we have Grier right now we are probably 13-0 and in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Jacob Eaton signs with us and Grier transfers, we will have the following QBs on our roster: Franks, Eaton, Harris, Fallace, Gready, Del Rio. It will likely end up a Gready-Fallace-Eaton competition for starter.
Why you Greedy Phallus Eatin piece a...................
curly-bush.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I personally would have no interest in Allen. He started off OK, but really did not play well as the year went on and he turned the ball over a ton. Knight would be interesting as a senior, but look at Golson for FSU... he was a big name senior transfer and really didn't pan out for them. I think we are better off saving the roster spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.