Coach Mac and Nussy Meeting w/ The Griers Today

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Still no leaks about what the Grier Duo demanded?
Interesting thought here and surely speculation. What if this meeting was nothing more than damage control? Have anyone ever found out what the "banned" substance was? Multiple choice theories.
1. It really was steroids/HGH or something of the sort. At some point someone has to answer this.....maybe they all want the story to be the same....
2.It was simply an over the counter supplement.....but since Grier was coming off the flu and needed a shot of weight/strength gain his dad, a coach and former player told him the take xyz.....The coaches are there to make sure Chad at least consults with the training staff and coaches if he ever does this again......
3. The coaches or trainers made the mistake of advising Grier in the same scenario as above and this meeting is to assure Chad that the coaches should have taken the fall in this and it won't happen again....
It's my opinion that it would make no sense for Grier to transfer from UF at this point in his career unless he has been beaten out by a better QB on the field at practice......which we all know he hasn't......Where there is smoke there is usually fire...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Where did the fourth loss come?

I'll pose you the same question that ox did not answer for whatever reason...if in any given season if I told you that we went 1-4 vs ranked teams would you think that is a good season? A simple yes or no please.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll pose you the same question that ox did not answer for whatever reason...if in any given season if I told you that we went 1-4 vs ranked teams would you think that is a good season? A simple yes or no please.
A "good" season? Not really. However, I don't expect good seasons in a coaches first year. I don't expect championships of any kind. Never have.

I expect us to beat Michigan. I think the offense will play just well enough to do so.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not a great season by any means but at least better than what we've gotten lately....and a step in the right direction it seems. BTW I think the Michigan game is going to be a very low scoring toss up of a game. Their offense is not very good this year and they haven't seen a defense like ours. I think we win 12-9.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Following Muschamp's leftovers, I'd call it wildly successful. I never expected to beat anyone who was ranked preseason and thought we'd lose several others, as well.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Following Muschamp's leftovers, I'd call it wildly successful. I never expected to beat anyone who was ranked preseason and thought we'd lose several others, as well.

A better than just competent QB can hide a hell of a lot of warts.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Perspective...that's all. Ten wins is good. Getting to ATL is awesome. We also have to look at some other things. 1-3 vs ranked teams. Worst SEC east in history. Our defense was pretty special for most of the year and no way we win ten games without that defense(ironic that Muschamp did leave us with a stout D - hell they kept Champ's terminology even).

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He inferred Chad Grier would be the one to make the mistake. That's the tree, not the apple. Question remains the same. How much of a dick is this guy?
It is indeed the tree--the tree that produced an apple capable of bad decisions. Hence some of us have little faith in the tree.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perspective...that's all. Ten wins is good. Getting to ATL is awesome. We also have to look at some other things. 1-3 vs ranked teams. Worst SEC east in history. Our defense was pretty special for most of the year and no way we win ten games without that defense(ironic that Muschamp did leave us with a stout D - hell they kept Champ's terminology even).
FFS dude, at least wait until after the bowl game to give us the loss. Your doom and gloom is beyond terrible at this point.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
FFS dude, at least wait until after the bowl game to give us the loss. Your doom and gloom is beyond terrible at this point.
In the post you quoted I switched it back to 1-3 vs ranked teams. It's not doom and gloom. Just a shot of reality. It IS his first year. BUT we're a long ways off from the Bamas and the FSU's. Next year is going to be a tough one.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Seems like a really slow few days for info on my :chomp:. Guess I'll try to do something productive... :drunk:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the post you quoted I switched it back to 1-3 vs ranked teams. It's not doom and gloom. Just a shot of reality. It IS his first year. BUT we're a long ways off from the Bamas and the FSU's. Next year is going to be a tough one.
Don't think I've seen a single person predicting a championship of any kind next year. What I have seen are people not named T REX enjoying an incredible and unexpected season this year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's rich coming from you. If you think I'm odd I must be just fine.

Perhaps it's a bad match up. Perhaps I just have my O&B shades on. But it's dang sure not a loss already.

Agreed. But I'm looking at the offense is garbage and we've lost 3 in a row vs ranked teams. Two blowout losses in a row. Treon is still QB. There's nothing wrong with hope but it doesn't win games.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think I've seen a single person predicting a championship of any kind next year. What I have seen are people not named T REX enjoying an incredible and unexpected season this year.

Oh geez, can it already. We made it to ATL and won ten games. It is a decent season. But when you look underneath the season it isn't as good as you'd think. But no one wants to hear about the worst East ever or the crappy record vs ranked teams. My bad.

Rainbows and unicorns from now on.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Does T Rex serve any purpose other than to piss on everyone's cheerios.
Hand me your bowl. It's sad that some of you can't handle some basic truths. Stay in your little bubbles. I apologize.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh geez, can it already. We made it to ATL and won ten games. It is a decent season. But when you look underneath the season it isn't as good as you'd think. But no one wants to hear about the worst East ever or the crappy record vs ranked teams. My bad.

As if I'm the only person sick of reading your constant moaning. :lol:

The East hasn't been great the last few years but yet we still didn't manage to win it. Sorry if winning excited some people after the hell of the last 4 years.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

You're just stating the obvious for apparently no other reason than to piss on everyone's cheerios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator