"Coach" Mac doesn't coach during games

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Those shots of mac remind me of a friend i had in high school who would always get some sh*t started and soon as the sh*t would hit the fan he would run away from the actual fight and just watch everyone else clean up the mess he started. It also shows he isn't willing to put in the work to fix things but instead is perfectly content with just walking up and down the sidelines doing nothing up until the day he's fired. If he truly was a competitor and wanted to win he would be right in the middle of the huddle trying to help us get the W. With that being said Mac is no different than our high school friend...they're both chicken sh*t cowards who run from adversity!

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
On offense, it looks like Seider is most engaged on offense during sideline huddles. Defense, I'm less certain, but I believe Rumph.

Regarding prior coaches delegating, they did but were rarely so distant (frequently 20-30 yards away from the sideline huddles) and disengaged, especially at such crucial times. Mac being nearby is the exception, not the rule.
I doubt it's Rumph, my seats are on the 25 ten rows up and he was glad handing and chest bumping random people while LSU drove for a touchdown on the first drive of the second half. Also the offense is in good hands on the sidelines I saw Austin Applebee directing things.:boom:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As for who is coaching them up, I dont know. I usually see some white kid w the QBs and with the huddle. I guess it is a QA guy. No clue who he is. Didnt look like Applebees to me. He is sort of short.

As for what is Butters doing, again, no clue. He usually has the headset on his head but the mic obviously isnt being used, just staring blankly. Hell I wish he would at least throw a visor and chew some OC ass or something

I have no clue what he is doing. I have serious doubts if he does.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After Davis scored, Butters got pissed and yelled at a white kid. That is who seems to running the offensive sideline to me. Who is it?

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This!
Nice post but I can't say I am all that surprised. He needs to go at the end of the season and we need to start looking for a coach in some respect right now!
Thanks.

As much as I agree with your statement that Butter's needs to be let go after this season and we need to be looking for a new coach now... Stricklin gave Butter's a contract extension and a raise before this season. Including this season Butter's has 5 years left on his contract and I believe that if we fired him after this season would would owe him $2.5 MM per season for a grand total of $10MM. Unfortunately, Hee Haw is here through at least next season as we finally finished paying MooseDump the $6MM we owed him...

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Thanks.

As much as I agree with your statement that Butter's needs to be let go after this season and we need to be looking for a new coach now... Stricklin gave Butter's a contract extension and a raise before this season. Including this season Butter's has 5 years left on his contract and I believe that if we fired him after this season would would owe him $2.5 MM per season for a grand total of $10MM. Unfortunately, Hee Haw is here through at least next season as we finally finished paying MooseDump the $6MM we owed him...

How much revenue are we going to lose keeping him? Suppose we miss a bowl game this year, dont go to the SECCG, half the stadium empty most games, lost apparel revenue, etc? I see your point but I think we lose either way. I'd rather make the move and improve the FB team if possible.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the issue: during games, and at the most critical times, Mac doesn't actually coach the team. When the offense or defense huddle during timeouts, changes of possession, or quarters, he walks away. The assistants coach the players. I've attended games in the Swamp for 23 years and never seen a Gator coach do this so routinely.

This has become very frustrating to watch, especially as the QB guru has a lost freshman, an OC in the box, and no one on the field to coach that freshman in-game.

I've often asked why does he bother to wear a headset. With the exception of Taylor, I've never seen him communicate with anybody upstairs or on the field. Maybe it's just TV? Seems that all he does is pace and chew gum. Hey, for half his salary I can do that!!!! And yet...on the other hand I don't have a good BBQ sauce ready to go.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Geez, where did Foley find this guy. He has to be the luckiest SOB in the world - incompetent, clueless, faux-guru making millions for doing nothing.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just boiling. I love these kids. 3*, 4*, 5* or no star, they chose to come here and play for the Gators. Get them a &*%$%^*& coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you look closely, you'll see that Mac's headset isn't actually plugged in to anything.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
Well, the evidence on the the field indicates many of these kids aren't being coached on or off the field.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
First time here in a lonnnnnnnng time. I just have a question about Mac's press conference. My honest to God first response was "Is he drunk?" This is the first one I have been able to catch all season, but I was struck by the fact that he seemed so disinterested and had no answers at all. I know all of the "coach speak" that usually fills the time during these events especially when its under the circumstances of a loss, but he just had nothing to offer-----like he had no clue. At least Muschamp looked angry and determined when we lost, but Mac appeared lost and then put it all on the team saying "we'll see what this team is made of." I dunno---maybe it was just me, but after reading this post (thanks SEC14 for sharing your interesting observations!), I have to wonder what is going on with Mac.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think this is the best first post I've ever seen.

It is disturbing, all he does is pace the sidelines. Occasionally he will whine to a ref, but otherwise he is just walking around looking like he hopes everything turns out OK. With the offensive woes we have had you would think he would be teaching his young players in-game about things he is seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator