Coach Mac gets a raise

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Best AD in the country, boys! Who are we outbidding for this guy?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Best AD in the country, boys! Who are we outbidding for this guy?
Probably trying to keep him happy for when Saban leaves in a year or two

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably trying to keep him happy for when Saban leaves in a year or two
Or the patriots. We probably are just trying not to lose him to bama or a top nfl job. Makes sense because his offense just really lit it up last year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac will be a better coach than the dawg. But we just went down this road giving raises and extending contracts to a coach that hadn't proved himself, and we got burned bad. Put me in the Fooley doesn't learn camp on this one.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever wrote the article is clueless. He talked about the adjustments that Treon will need to make as QB this year. Nothing like being in the know.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Or the patriots. We probably are just trying not to lose him to bama or a top nfl job. Makes sense because his offense just really lit it up last year.
If you can't see what an accomplishment it was to win the East with that squad, you may want to stop watching football all together.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I think Mac will be a better coach than the dawg. But we just went down this road giving raises and extending contracts to a coach that hadn't proved himself, and we got burned bad. Put me in the Fooley doesn't learn camp on this one.

I have no problem with the raise. Remember Mac is giving up a significant portion of his salary to pay off Colorado State. Just don't extend his contract until he has proven himself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Foley probably eliminated any buyout clauses and guaranteed the money, no matter how either parts ways or who he goes to coach for....I heard there's even a bonus if he goes to a rival school and gets one of our commits or heavy leans to commit to his new school!

Seriously, this is way premature. If anything they should have added that $750K to the assistants pool. Not that they have done anything (yet) to deserve it, but there are position coaches in the SEC making more than our OC & DC.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I can't get past the way the year ended and the way Mac coached the bowl game. So it's hard for me to rationalize a raise but if it's necessary to keep from turning over coaches, ok maybe. But after Chumps contract fiasco, hell no to a contract extension.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you can't see what an accomplishment it was to win the East with that squad, you may want to stop watching football all together.

Worst SEC East in the history of going to two divisions. Tallest midget. Got obliterated vs Bama.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First we b*tch about how our HC's salary isn't in line with the rest of the conference. Then after he wins the East with no QB, we b*tch about giving him a raise that brings him up to par with his current accomplishments. :facepalm:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Shouldn't we see if he is going to actually succeed before we go giving the new coach more monies?

:britney:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever wrote the article is clueless. He talked about the adjustments that Treon will need to make as QB this year. Nothing like being in the know.
Agreed - that's pretty lame. He's a young guy, but that doesn't excuse making such an error when everyone even remotely familiar with Gator Football knows Treon is no longer in the QB mix.

Tim Daniels, Featured Columnist
Graduated from:
Buffalo State College (2011)

I am 25 years old and played soccer for a large portion of my life before finally deciding it was time to go in another direction and sports writing was that direction. I love messing around with statistics and trying to find new ways to better analyze how players are actually performing and whether or not they are helping their team succeed.

After completing the summer internship on Bleacher Report, I have joined the site full-time as a member of the Breaking News team. It is great to be a part of the staff at one of the fastest-growing sports sites on the Internet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Worst SEC East in the history of going to two divisions. Tallest midget. Got obliterated vs Bama.
I truly can't argue with this. I think the East has been down for a while and will remain so for the next year or so. The way we played in the last 4 or 5 games felt almost as bad as 2013 to me. Harbaugh took a team that wasn't that much better if at all, well besides QB, and shoved a football up our asses....The Jimbo Circus Show all but shut us out AT HOME with his worst team in 4 years...Bama slept walked thru us on their way to another NC, and we were a missed PI call away from losing at home to a 2 win team in the 11th game. I'm more than a little worried about carryover into this year....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
First we b*tch about how our HC's salary isn't in line with the rest of the conference. Then after he wins the East with no QB, we b*tch about giving him a raise that brings him up to par with his current accomplishments. :facepalm:

I think it was the assistants salaries. I could be mistaken but Mac is an unproven commodity still. Does this add to his buyout?

The East is/was flat out dog crap. Winning the East really wasn't that big of an accomplishment. He went something like 2-4 vs ranked teams and was destroyed by Bama and Michigan. Let's slow it down a little. I heard all this same crap about Muschamp after the 11-1 near national title season he had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.