Coach Mac visits Cowboys practice

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some pub for our coach:

http://gridironnow.com/jim-mcelwain-dallas-cowboys-workouts/

Florida’s Jim McElwain visits Dallas Cowboys workouts Tuesday

Florida coach Jim McElwain is scheduled to speak to the Dallas-Fort Worth Gator Club on Tuesday night, so he spent part of Tuesday morning with the Dallas Cowboys.

A big thanks to Coach Garrett and the @dallascowboys for having us out at OTAs today. Pretty cool seeing some Gator Greats out there too! pic.twitter.com/8HH6rFofJJ

— Jim McElwain (@CoachMcElwain) May 23, 2017

The Cowboys have three former Florida players taking part in their offseason workouts: third-year pro Chaz Green, an offensive tackle, and two rookies, defensive tackle Joey Ivie and quarterback Austin Appleby.

While Appleby (an undrafted free agent) and Ivie (a seventh-round pick) will have a tough time making the roster, Green is expected to contend for the starting job at right tackle in the wake of the retirement of Doug Free.

McElwain will be back in the Dallas area in September, as Florida opens the 2017 season against Michigan at AT&T Stadium on Sept. 2.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Some pub for our coach:

http://gridironnow.com/jim-mcelwain-dallas-cowboys-workouts/

Florida’s Jim McElwain visits Dallas Cowboys workouts Tuesday

Florida coach Jim McElwain is scheduled to speak to the Dallas-Fort Worth Gator Club on Tuesday night, so he spent part of Tuesday morning with the Dallas Cowboys.

A big thanks to Coach Garrett and the @dallascowboys for having us out at OTAs today. Pretty cool seeing some Gator Greats out there too! pic.twitter.com/8HH6rFofJJ

— Jim McElwain (@CoachMcElwain) May 23, 2017

The Cowboys have three former Florida players taking part in their offseason workouts: third-year pro Chaz Green, an offensive tackle, and two rookies, defensive tackle Joey Ivie and quarterback Austin Appleby.

While Appleby (an undrafted free agent) and Ivie (a seventh-round pick) will have a tough time making the roster, Green is expected to contend for the starting job at right tackle in the wake of the retirement of Doug Free.

McElwain will be back in the Dallas area in September, as Florida opens the 2017 season against Michigan at AT&T Stadium on Sept. 2.

Saban or any of the other top tier coaches weren't available. Lol

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Smart for our HC to check out "the feeling" of that humongous atmosphere. Maybe bring back some film for repetitive player study? Remind them that they'll be scrutinized on that jumbotron - time to get performing well first game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saban or any of the other top tier coaches weren't available. Lol

Well, to be fair, if you read the article....he was there to speak to the Dallas/FW Gator Club. I think that's great. We've landed Cleveland and Stiner from Texas, so I think it's good to have our head coach speaking there. Visiting Dallas' practice was just another opportunity for him to visit w/ another coaching staff (and give our program some publicity in the state).

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Really like to see him scouting pro players, do we know if he made an offer to any?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well, to be fair, if you read the article....he was there to speak to the Dallas/FW Gator Club. I think that's great. We've landed Cleveland and Stiner from Texas, so I think it's good to have our head coach speaking there. Visiting Dallas' practice was just another opportunity for him to visit w/ another coaching staff (and give our program some publicity in the state).

Yeah I saw he was speaking to to Gator club, I was just having some fun.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
hopefully he took some notes no how to run an offense...

Doubt it, Mac's probably arrogant enough to think Garrett wanted to pick his brain on how to run an offense. Maybe Mac is trying to suck up for possible future employment option. Lol

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he was scouting the stadium for the Mich game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator