Coach Muschamp calls Gator Hotline as "Bill from Gainesville"

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
Emmitt said:
This is one of the many reasons why I really like Muschamp. He seems to be a genuinely likeable guy and I think he can become one of the best coaches in the country if people will just sit back, give the man some time, and a ****ing break. I hope he does well this season and beyond. I want him to be around for a long time.
I understand the fans who want results immediately and think that three seasons is enough time to know whether he will be any good or not. They may well be right.

However, we all knew that hiring a never before head coach was likely to be a project. It seems to me that Muschamp is learning and growing as a coach. Nobody denies that he is one of the best defensive minds in the sport and now it appears as though there is finally a very good offensive mind to compliment him. Maybe it's not fast enough for some of you, but it seems to me there is a good chance that he will become the coach that everyone wants and I would like him to be the UF coach not some other university.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Setting coaching ability aside, Muschamp is the kind of guy you want to be friends with. He's friendly, good-natured, outgoing, and wickedly funny. He's that buddy of yours whose personality got him hotter chicks than he deserved, the one who always had the perfect comeback.

I'm talking about the man, not the coach so please save me the "I'd rather have Attila the Hun coach us to a NC than Mother Theresa coach us out of bowl eligibility" comments. So would I. Saban's a jerk and I'd take him tomorrow if I could. I'm just talking about personality.

Alex.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Champ is a good guy. Hopefully the guy wins big. He does things the right way and is easy to cheer for.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n48104 said:
This certainly indicates they're feeling loose and confident. Fans who have made it their priority in life to keep this coaching staff wound tight and on edge for the last several months won't like this at all. Personally, I'm glad to see they're relaxed and enjoying life a little.

right DC … less scared,less doubtful means we got the power to whip up on folks.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's good to see he is able to have fun and relax. I got the impression they recognized it was Foley. For the person who heard it live.. did they say it was Muschamp after he hung up?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n48197 said:
It's good to see he is able to have fun and relax. I got the impression they recognized it was Foley. For the person who heard it live.. did they say it was Muschamp after he hung up?

They were laughing like they knew, but I got out of my truck right then.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt;n48117 said:
This is one of the many reasons why I really like Muschamp. He seems to be a genuinely likeable guy and I think he can become one of the best coaches in the country if people will just sit back, give the man some time, and a ****ing break. I hope he does well this season and beyond. I want him to be around for a long time.

Good luck on Saturday Will.

Now, quit surfing the net & get back out to the practice field.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r said:
Emmitt;n48117 said:

With his last sentence, it sounds more like Foley.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r said:
Emmitt;n48117 said:

:lol:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
This certainly indicates they're feeling loose and confident. Fans who have made it their priority in life to keep this coaching staff wound tight and on edge for the last several months won't like this at all. Personally, I'm glad to see they're relaxed and enjoying life a little.

right DC … less scared,less doubtful means we got the power to whip up on folks.
Maybe, maybe not, time will tell. I do think the haters who have been so obsessed with Muschamp and Foley being as miserable as they are, will take this as a punch to the stomach. I mean, he's not supposed to be relaxed and making jokes, he's supposed to be miserable and afraid for his job.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
ATXGator;n48197 said:

They were laughing like they knew, but I got out of my truck right then.
I got the impression Foley recognized him.

Emmitt

Sep 8, 2014
itsgr82bag8r said:
Emmitt;n48117 said:

:lol:

I have no idea what you're talking about. :suspect:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was ok. Good to see he took the time to do show some humor.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt said:
Fourth season...what's YOUR definition of "some time"? He's had two 3-5 SEC seasons. How many breaks do you want us to give him. The time is NOW. Win or get gone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:

65-0 on scrubs will do that...punch to the gut? Puh-lease. Keep winning and he can do stand up. I dont care.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Glad the two of them get along so well. Wait, I don't actually care, just win some games.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
rogdochar said:

Yeah, he should be miserable like valTREX here

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I heard Mick on a talk show this morning saying he did not notice it was WM at all, but Foley knew. Funny stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb