Coaching clinic

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Listening to 92.9 The Game here in Atlanta a moment ago and they mentioned Kirby Smart is hosting a coaching clinic in Athens for upwards of 1,000 high school football coaches this weekend (I also googled it and found the link below with more info). In addition to UGA staff doing presentations and hosting break out sessions, Bill Belichick, Sean McVay and Dan Quinn will be featured guest speakers, on field practice sessions, position specific drill clinics, etc. This seems like a great idea for many reasons, including building relationships with coaches that help in recruiting. I don’t recall if we’ve ever done anything like this going back to Urban’s time here. I certainly think it’s an idea worth stealing. Any guesses on if Mullen will do something similar? Discuss.

P.S.- I know, many on here (me included) hate the Dogs and would much rather read positive UF material but this has the potential to impact us in a very negative manner so I thought it worthy of discussion. With that being said, F V C K the Dogs!

http://www.ugaclinic.com/

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Listening to 92.9 The Game here in Atlanta a moment ago and they mentioned Kirby Smart is hosting a coaching clinic in Athens for upwards of 1,000 high school football coaches this weekend (I also googled it and found the link below with more info). In addition to UGA staff doing presentations and hosting break out sessions, Bill Belichick, Sean McVay and Dan Quinn will be featured guest speakers, on field practice sessions, position specific drill clinics, etc. This seems like a great idea for many reasons, including building relationships with coaches that help in recruiting. I don’t recall if we’ve ever done anything like this going back to Urban’s time here. I certainly think it’s an idea worth stealing. Any guesses on if Mullen will do something similar? Discuss.

P.S.- I know, many on here (me included) hate the Dogs and would much rather read positive UF material but this has the potential to impact us in a very negative manner so I thought it worthy of discussion. With that being said, F V C K the Dogs!

He has. I believe I came across a video on YouTube with Urban Myer speaking at one.

Can’t say it was a coaches clinic, but something similar.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s a good idea for sure, and relevant because he’s our arch nemesis at the moment.

Like it or not, everyone’s looking up at Smart right now. And why not. He’s shown the ability to recruit on a level few have and took his team to NC game where he almost pulled it off. All while completely disregarding visits and game film in favor of watching hours of tape of his own players showering. If we’re honest, it’s impressive.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great idea, seems like it should have been done years ago.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a good idea for sure, and relevant because he’s our arch nemesis at the moment.

Like it or not, everyone’s looking up at Smart right now. And why not. He’s shown the ability to recruit on a level few have and took his team to NC game where he almost pulled it off. All while completely disregarding visits and game film in favor of watching hours of tape of his own players showering. If we’re honest, it’s impressive.
Unfortunately, Ole Peeping Kirby is light years ahead of us and I fully expect him making us his Bîtch for many years to come.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Ummmm...... F V C K Kirby!! :D

http://floridagators.com/sports/2018/3/13/2018-football-coaches-clinic.aspx

@Concrete Helmet will love this!!

Speakers
Todd Monken - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Steve Sarkisian - Atlanta Falcons
Bret Bielema - Former Head Coach Arkansas Razorbacks

I like that we’re doing this...I just wish the guest speakers were of a higher caliber. Sark’s liable to show up drunk and Brett just got shyt canned so they both leave something to be desired. Monken I don’t know enough about to say either way. But hey, it’s a start and maybe next year we’ll land some guest speakers with better track records.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

Dan Quinn? Seriously? Come on DAN!

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we recruit 3* guest speakers as well. Except for Spurrier, he is a 5 *.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb