Coaching Hot Seat

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/hot-seat-coaching-rankings-after-week-7

11. Jim McElwain, Florida
This could get ugly in a hurry if the Gators don’t go bowling – and they might not after two straight tough losses at home.

Granted, losing to LSU and Texas A&M in close battles isn’t all that bad, but with Georgia, at South Carolina, and Florida State still to play, the Gators have to win one of them – and win at Missouri and bat UAB – just to get to a bowl.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
And yet,
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/10/16/coaching-hot-seat-week-7-results
We hear what you want, but you may not get it
These coaches have lost healthy chunks of their fan bases, but previous accomplishments plus the price of changing coaches should give them another chance unless their teams completely collapse down the stretch.
Jim McElwain, Florida

The rank-and-file section of the Florida fan base has completely checked out on McElwain after realizing this is basically the same team as the post-Will Grier suspension 2015 squad and last year’s team—only without the good luck those teams had. This staff’s inability to select or develop quarterbacks has turned each game into an episode of Groundhog Day, but McElwain’s two SEC East titles combined with the cost of his buyout ($12.5 million) should get him another year as long as the Gators don’t lose every remaining game.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think 4-7 could get the big boosters making enough noise. If we lose our next 3 games prior to UAB all hell will be breaking lose and Missouri on the road won't be any guarantee if we are on a 3 game losing streak.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not watching 2018 if hes retained. I may be done for good. If whoevers pulling the strings doesn't care about florida being good at football anymore then why should I?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not watching 2018 if hes retained. I may be done for good. If whoevers pulling the strings doesn't care about florida being good at football anymore then why should I?

I'm done watching this year. Seriously.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Co-worker told me that there's smoke that Mac could be toast following UGA if it ends up ugly. Doesn't make sense to me given the buyout, but has anyone else heard this rumor?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
How does the same school that cans a coach in his 3rd year for going 7-5 not can a coach in his 3rd year that goes 5-7? And recruits far worse.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
If we somehow make it to a bowl game, he is not getting fired. I will be interesting to see what happens if we don't. Remember, Muschimp was retained with only 4 wins.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
As a big booster, I will tell you he is not going anywhere. At least if I have any say. Unless I see the players stop playing for him. I will advocate for changes though, its unacceptable to have special teams so bad and not be able to show some organization on offense. But I suggest you start supporting the team including the coach, unless you actually want your team to lose because he will be here next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Co-worker told me that there's smoke that Mac could be toast following UGA if it ends up ugly. Doesn't make sense to me given the buyout, but has anyone else heard this rumor?

I've heard that a short list was started about 3 weeks ago. Just in case this season spiraled. I don't think the buyout is as big a concern as everyone thinks.

After the Georgia beat down I expect the "vote of confidence" to be given by Stricklin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As a big booster, I will tell you he is not going anywhere. At least if I have any say. Unless I see the players stop playing for him. I will advocate for changes though, its unacceptable to have special teams so bad and not be able to show some organization on offense. But I suggest you start supporting the team including the coach, unless you actually want your team to lose because he will be here next year.
If what you say is true, and it probably is, the Swamp is going to be a ghost town next year. Hopefully that will make the administration and the boosters nice and happy. I find it impossible to believe that any sane person watching these games thinks Mac is capable of turning it around. He's simply a very poor football coach.

All we can do is hope and pray the rumors about Mac wanting out are true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.