Coaching Moves this Off-season

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Colorado: Former South Carolina offensive coordinator Kurt Roper will join the Colorado staff as quarterbacks coach.

Georgia: Regarding speculation about South Carolina, Georgia tight ends coach / special teams coordinator Shane Beamer told The Athletic’s Jason Kersey and other reporters after the Rose Bowl, “I keep getting text messages from people in South Carolina. I have no idea where that report came from. I have had no contact with South Carolina. I don’t know where those reports are coming from. I know me and my wife, we loved Columbia, but we sure as heck love Athens.”

LSU: Special teams consultant Greg McMahon is expected to be promoted to special teams coordinator.

North Carolina: Former Tennessee linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen will join the North Carolina staff, according to Scout.com. Thigpen is a former UNC player and assistant.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Georgia: Sources tell FootballScoop Memphis inside linebackers coach / recruiting coordinator Dan Lanning has agreed to join Kirby Smart’s staff at Georgia. We expect Lanning to coach outside linebackers at Georgia. Sources tell FootballScoop Lanning was offered multiple group of 5 defensive coordinator positions over the past few weeks. Lanning previously worked with Kirby Smart, Glenn Schumann, Mel Tucker and crew at Alabama in the 2015 season. Lanning also previously worked at Pitt, Arizona State and Sam Houston State.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas State: Head coach Bill Snyder will return next season, according to the Associated Press. It will be the 27th season for the 78-year-old Snyder, over two stints.

Georgia Southern: Former Louisiana Lafayette co-defensive coordinator Charlie Harbison has joined the Georgia Southern staff as a defensive assistant.

Florida State: Michigan tackles / tight ends coach Greg Frey is meeting with Willie Taggart today, according to multiple reports.

Utah: Former Oregon State head coach Gary Andersen has rejoined the Utah staff as a defensive assistant / associate head coach, the 10th assistant allowed in 2018. Andersen is a former Utah player and previously served as an assistant from 1997-2002 and 2004-08.

UCLA: Washington Redskins quarterbacks coach Kevin O’Connell has accepted a promotion to passing game coordinator, turning down an opportunity to join Chip Kelly’s staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Florida State: Michigan tackles / tight ends coach Greg Frey is meeting with Willie Taggart today, according to multiple reports.
I guess if I worked for Harbaugh, I might be looking for another gig but I'm not sure Taggart is going to last any longer.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Have heard this. Has nothing to do with on field activities. Might not happen.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ghansen711: Notice of claim to Attorney General's office is a sexual harassment/hostile work place claim against Rich Rodriguez

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Say what now?

@BruceFeldmanCFB: I'm pretty sure #LSU was going to be paying DC Dave Aranda $2M+ after Jimbo Fisher's first run at him. Aranda might end up making close to a million more a year than any other DC by the time these two schools are thru with this one battle.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Texas A&M: Jimbo Fisher has announced the duties for his offensive staff: Darrell Dickey (offensive coordinator / quarterbacks), Jay Graham (running backs), Dameyune Craig (wide receivers), Tim Brewster (tight ends), and Jim Turner retained as offensive line coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DanWolken: Source: Florida State has had ongoing conversations with Michigan State assistant HC/co-DC Harlon Barnett about its defensive coordinator position.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Florida State: Donte Pimpleton (RBs) and Raymond Woodie (LBs) have formally been announced as additions to Willie Taggart’s staff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Arizona: Rich Rodriguez’s buyout will be $6.28 million, according to The Arizona Republic.

UCLA: Former UCLA quarterback Jerry Neuheisel will join the staff as a graduate assistant, and former Duke quarterback Thaddeus Lewis will join the UCLA staff as an analyst, according to Bruce Feldman. Lewis played for Chip Kelly with the Eagles and 49ers.

UCF: The school confirmed to The Athletic that it will pay “national championship” bonuses to its assistant coaches. Head coach Scott Frost had already reached his bonus cap.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Following his termination (without cause), Rich Rod has released the following statement:

I was deeply disappointed to learn by email this evening that the University of Arizona is buying out my contract. My coaching staff and I were very excited about the trajectory of our young team, and looked forward to 2018 and beyond.

This action comes on the heels of an outside investigation by the University into alleged workplace misconduct. This investigation concerned a complaint by my former administrative assistant, who threatened a $7.5 million lawsuit alleging harassment.

The University initiated a thorough outside investigation. I fully cooperated with the investigation, including voluntarily taking and passing a polygraph. The University determined that there was no truth to her accusations and found me innocent of any wrongdoing.

This was a thorough investigation that lasted over 10 weeks and included multiple members of my current and former staff. Notably, the complaintant refused to cooperate with the investigation. It was comforting to be reassured of what I already knew, the claims were baseless and false.

Regrettably, the complaint included a single truth – in the past, I had a consensual extramarital affair with a woman who is not affiliated with the University. It was wrong, and I have apologized to my wife and family. I am still working incredibly hard to repair the trust of my wife and children, whom I love dearly.

I am not a perfect man, but the claims by my former assistant are simply not true and her demands for a financial settlement are outrageous. I am saddened that these accusation and investigation have caused my family additional stress.

To my players, staff and supporters, it’s been an honor to lead and serve you. As I’m sure that they would expect to me to do, I will vigorously fight these fabricated and groundless claims.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thisis crazy, ridiculous even...

LSU: Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has turned down Texas A&M’s interest for a second time. Bruce Feldman reports that Aranda will make $2.5 million per year on a four-year guaranteed deal. He was already the highest-paid assistant in FBS, making $1.8 million in 2017. For comparison, Missouri head coach Barry Odom made $2.35 million in 2017.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thisis crazy, ridiculous even...

LSU: Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has turned down Texas A&M’s interest for a second time. Bruce Feldman reports that Aranda will make $2.5 million per year on a four-year guaranteed deal. He was already the highest-paid assistant in FBS, making $1.8 million in 2017. For comparison, Missouri head coach Barry Odom made $2.35 million in 2017.

@DanWolken: LSU just gave $10 million to a defensive coordinator who lost to Notre Dame’s backup QB three days ago.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Have heard Les Miles has interest in making Hugh Freeze his OC if he does get another head coaching job. One of the concerns with Miles has been his offense. Freeze’s spread system might help ease some of those doubts.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@CFTalk: Brian Kelly confirms Notre Dame DC Mike Elko has accepted same job at Texas A&M https://wp.me/p14QTT-1E9R

@PeteThamel: Source: Mike Elko’s deal at Texas A&M is three years at an average of $1.8 million per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.