Coaching Search

Q

Quasimodo

Founding Member
Founding Member
First I want to say that we should all be thankful Chip Kelly won't be our new head coach. For starters, he's a cheater. Secondly, he's too expensive.

When hiring a new head coach you have to think long term. Therefore, you want a guy that's cheap and has to earn big money by his team's performance. You don't throw big money at a coach before he's done anything, otherwise you'll be paying out the azz when he actually does perform at expectations and demands a raise.

Kelly is such a bad hire for any major program, it's a joke.

There are several qualified candidates for the job that aren't in a position of leverage. They'd be happy for the opportunity to coach a major program and would take a long term deal for a couple million a year to prove themselves.

That's the kind of hire that makes sense. I know some of you are delusional and think someone can come in and in two or three years win a championship. Not with Saban around. Alabama has it locked up, until he decides to leave. That's just a fact of life.

Find someone that has a history of proven success as either a coordinator or head coach that won't cost you an arm and leg during a time where Saban has a stranglehold of the league.

Q

Quasimodo

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the biggest mistakes that could be made in this coaching search is to limit the candidates to "offensive" coaches.

The best candidate out there happens to be a defensive coordinator. Brent Venables, DC of Clemson, would be the hire of the decade. I should know, I've done the research.

I hope Stricklin isn't so short-sighted that he misses on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.