Coaching Staff Salaries

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Below is what they we're paid in 16

http://florida.247sports.com/tu/MTk3NjExOXRpbnkyNDc=

UF saved $1.96 million dollars with the departures from the 2016 staff . Taking into account they upped there coaching salaries $465,000 from 2015 to 2016, we'll say that they should add an additional $500,000 from 2016 salaries to 2017 salaries bringing the grand total of available money for assistant coaches to $2,425,000...(we'll just call it a cool $2.5 million dollars to make the math simple.)

Well the newly hired coaches contracts (OL,RB,DB) haven't been released yet but comparing the money UF spent on the same position coaches last year and being generous I laid out what I believe is logical to consider what UF might pay these new coaches going forward. (Once again based off of last year's coaching salaries+plus there experience)

Brad Davis-$400,000
JaJuan Seider-$450,000
Corey Bell-$350,000

Bring it to a grand total off $1.2 million. Subtract that from the $2.5 million available, you still have $1.3 million left to spend on assistant coaching salaries.

Figure Randy Shannon gets a raise comparable to what Collins got last year, subtract another $400,000. Now we're at $900,000 available.

Rumph just got CO-DC, bump him up to $550,000, now we're at $840,000 left to spend.

If Skipper, Dixon, Nord, and Nuss all get raises on par with last year that would be at average of around $25,000 a piece, bring the grand total now to...

...$740,000 left to spend on assistant coaches. (my math might be a little off but this should be in the ballpark)

So were are we putting this money at? 10th assistant coach? Facilities? Secondary Staff?

This type of bull$hit is why I pulled my support from the program and didn't renew my season tickets. The new coaches could prove to be great but they also could prove to be a$$ hires. So why does the Administration continue to "Go Cheap" and gamble with the future of the program instead of going out and getting elite coaches/recruiters? Smh...I just don't get it! This sh*t shows the "lack of commitment to the Football program" Mac talks about and it's the main reason why we're a mediocre program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
big_lots_storefront.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to think otherwise. I don't think Mac is capable of recruiting blue-chip players or coaches. Thus, why pay top dollar for the directional school coaches he has to settle on?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I tend to think otherwise. I don't think Mac is capable of recruiting blue-chip players or coaches. Thus, why pay top dollar for the directional school coaches he has to settle on?
We'll...that's a legitimate theory but since we've never paid top dollar for elite asst coaches it's a flawed one. This sh*t has been happening for 15+ yrs at UF!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We'll...that's a legitimate theory but since we've never paid top dollar for elite asst coaches it's a flawed one. This sh*t has been happening for 15+ yrs at UF!
That's simply not true. We paid Fat Charlie, Collins, Quinn and several others pretty damn good money.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
That's simply not true. We paid Fat Charlie, Collins, Quinn and several others pretty damn good money.
Oh...we've paid a guy or 2 here and there but one or two coaches doesn't makeup an entire staff and if you Look at the salaries of other staff's you'll understand my point. We don't have an elite staff because they aren't willing to pay for it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Oh...we've paid a guy or 2 here and there but look at the salaries of other staff's and you'll understand my point. We don't have an elite staff because they aren't willing to pay for it.
Like I said, I believe we don't have an elite staff because they don't want to come work for Mac.

Dead

Man

Walking

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Last I read Bell and Davis were making about $100k ea at their last stops. I hope we didn't give 3.5-4x their salary to coach here. Smells like desperation.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Damn Nord makes 400k for crappy special teams and tide end play and subpar recruiting. I definitely made a terrible career choice.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last I read Bell and Davis were making about $100k ea at their last stops. I hope we didn't give 3.5-4x their salary to coach here. Smells like desperation.
I'm sure they are getting raises. Interested to see what they get.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Unbelievable he's still on the staff...
Hee Haw never has impressed me as a head coach. He is a perfect example of the Peter Principle:
He has risen to his level of incompetency. The administration may be impressed at his winning the
SEC East the last 2 years, but that was due to a series of fortuitous breaks in several games and the
division being incredibly weak when compared to the West. We will continue to play second fiddle to
the SEC West and, more often than not, take an annual ass whipping from the nolies.

00606_bYWmWtqFeyj_600x450.jpg

Recruiting is the big problem, and Mac is just a short ball hitter when compared to Saban and Jimbo.
That Number 9 ranking is built on quicksand. 2 of the top recruits wouldn't have even been offered had it not been
for Mac's going to bat for them and begging the administration to allow them on campus. If you look at the class,
there is not a single one that can truly be called a game changer.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hee Haw never has impressed me as a head coach. He is a perfect example of the Peter Principle:
He has risen to his level of incompetency. The administration may be impressed at his winning the
SEC East the last 2 years, but that was due to a series of fortuitous breaks in several games and the
division being incredibly weak when compared to the West. We will continue to play second fiddle to
the SEC West and, more often than not, take an annual ass whipping from the nolies.

Recruiting is the big problem, and Mac is just a short ball hitter when compared to Saban and Jimbo.
That Number 9 ranking is built on quicksand. 2 of the top recruits wouldn't have even been offered had it not been
for Mac's going to bat for them and begging the administration to allow them on campus. If you look at the class,
there is not a single one that can truly be called a game changer.

I haven't thought about the Peter Principle, but that is a pretty good analysis.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're not getting a half mil of TE and Special teams entertainment... if we ever block a kick, blow up a return or rumble after the catch by a big man again... well, I'll probably faint.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're not getting a half mil of TE and Special teams entertainment... if we ever block a kick, blow up a return or rumble after the catch by a big man again... well, I'll probably faint.
We'd have to double his salary if we actually managed a blocked kick or a half decent return.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Listen to the whole thing and you won't have to come back to GCMB until tomorrow!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said, I believe we don't have an elite staff because they don't want to come work for Mac.

Dead

Man

Walking
I agree. And I'd also wonder if Stricklin isn't committed to mac either and isn't gonna throw abunch of money into a coach that isn't gonna work out. Most coaches would get an extension after Oregon came sniffing around.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn Nord makes 400k for crappy special teams and tide end play and subpar recruiting. I definitely made a terrible career choice.
But can you do the Worm like Nord?

If so... then march right in to the bosses office on Monday morning, drop on the floor, do the worm, spring to your feet and DEMAND a pay raise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator