Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I'm curious how our support staff stacks up against UGA, Alabama, LSU, etc. Also, some of these hires are happening right in the middle of recruiting season (Drew Hughes to Tenn in the middle of recruiting season). I like hiring a JUCO coach, especially from Mississippi, to give us an opening w/ the JUCO's there. Along w/ analysts, quality control personnel, I'd like to see us add a recruiting staffer who's been at USF, UCF, FAU, FIU, BC-C, or FAMU that knows all the HS coaches in the state.

Florida coach Dan Mullen makes two support staff hires

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...o-support-staff-hires/DjohtDJeZ5ghLI17CbJdQK/

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida coach Dan Mullen has made some additions to his support staff.

The Gators have hired E.K. Franks and Otis Yelverton, according to the official team website. Franks and Yelverton will work in the Florida recruiting department and both are listed as assistant director of player personnel.

Franks comes to Florida from Arkansas, where he spent four years as the director of recruiting for the Razorbacks. Yelverton has been the defensive coordinator and defensive line coach at Copiah-Lincoln Community College since 2013.

Franks and Yelverton will work alongside UF director of recruiting operations Lee Begley, who worked with Mullen at Mississippi State. Florida’s former director of player of personnel, Drew Hughes, accepted the same role with Tennessee last week.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious how our support staff stacks up against UGA, Alabama, LSU, etc. Also, some of these hires are happening right in the middle of recruiting season (Drew Hughes to Tenn in the middle of recruiting season). I like hiring a JUCO coach, especially from Mississippi, to give us an opening w/ the JUCO's there. Along w/ analysts, quality control personnel, I'd like to see us add a recruiting staffer who's been at USF, UCF, FAU, FIU, BC-C, or FAMU that knows all the HS coaches in the state.

Florida coach Dan Mullen makes two support staff hires

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...o-support-staff-hires/DjohtDJeZ5ghLI17CbJdQK/

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida coach Dan Mullen has made some additions to his support staff.

The Gators have hired E.K. Franks and Otis Yelverton, according to the official team website. Franks and Yelverton will work in the Florida recruiting department and both are listed as assistant director of player personnel.

Franks comes to Florida from Arkansas, where he spent four years as the director of recruiting for the Razorbacks. Yelverton has been the defensive coordinator and defensive line coach at Copiah-Lincoln Community College since 2013.

Franks and Yelverton will work alongside UF director of recruiting operations Lee Begley, who worked with Mullen at Mississippi State. Florida’s former director of player of personnel, Drew Hughes, accepted the same role with Tennessee last week.
I read somewhere that Kirby has 60 some odd assistants for recruiting alone

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read somewhere that Kirby has 60 some odd assistants for recruiting alone

From the other thread (article):

A deep dive into Smart’s recruiting infrastructure – his spin on Saban’s fabled “Process” – illuminates just how Smart has nudged Georgia into the highest echelon of college football. The breadth, intensity and sheer numbers in Georgia’s recruiting operation combine with Smart’s maniacal insistency that the recruiting be based on personal touches. There’s nine new full-time employees in Georgia’s football office, most focused on recruiting, being paid more than $500,000 annually to fuel the operation. There’s also a phalanx of more than 60 support staff members, interns and students who have created one of the most vast and sophisticated recruiting ecosystems in college football. “Kirby took it from a Mustang and turned it into a Ferrari,” said Georgia linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer, who worked under Richt.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
From the other thread (article):

A deep dive into Smart’s recruiting infrastructure – his spin on Saban’s fabled “Process” – illuminates just how Smart has nudged Georgia into the highest echelon of college football. The breadth, intensity and sheer numbers in Georgia’s recruiting operation combine with Smart’s maniacal insistency that the recruiting be based on personal touches. There’s nine new full-time employees in Georgia’s football office, most focused on recruiting, being paid more than $500,000 annually to fuel the operation. There’s also a phalanx of more than 60 support staff members, interns and students who have created one of the most vast and sophisticated recruiting ecosystems in college football. “Kirby took it from a Mustang and turned it into a Ferrari,” said Georgia linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer, who worked under Richt.
Can you see us trying to float that thru UAA?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can you see us trying to float that thru UAA?
We desperately need the trash emptied at UAA. The place is still stuffed full of Foleyites. At this point, there should be no debate about whether or not we are going to compete.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have to be able to find 500K in the budget and a bunch of free labor. Ie. Interns.
I doubt interns would be an obstacle. Pay them what you pay lowly TA's and give them access to attend games. The full-time employees are the difficult obstacle.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Seider has been movied to TE coach. Do not understand it. Knox will be RB coach.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seider has been movied to TE coach. Do not understand it. Knox will be RB coach.
Well Knox knows the system better, that's my only thought. Maybe they'll give Seider recruiting Coordinator

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Too much surmising about Seider. For all we know he asked to move to TEs for a new challenge, or maybe he felt he would be better to the staff there while Knox handles what he knows best. There will be plenty of time to whine and complain about the staff after the season starts, I'm not going to waste my time doing it now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too much surmising about Seider. For all we know he asked to move to TEs for a new challenge, or maybe he felt he would be better to the staff there while Knox handles what he knows best. There will be plenty of time to whine and complain about the staff after the season starts, I'm not going to waste my time doing it now.
Good point. If Seider stays at RB, you have two coaches learning their jobs. If you move Seider, then only he has to learn. Knox knows the position and the playbook at RB already.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Musical coaching chairs
1) DC: Todd Grantham Previous (DC/LB/DL)
2) OLB: Tim Skipper (LB/RB)
3) DL: Sal Sunseri (DE/LB/DC/ST)
4) DB: Charlton Warren (DB)
5) QB: Brian Johnson (QB/OC)
6) TE: Ja’Juan Seider (RB)
7) WR: Billy Gonzales (WR)
8) OL: John Hevesy (OL/OT/TE)
9) RB/ST: Greg Knox (RB/WR/ST)
10) ILB: Christian Robinson (GA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread