Colin Cowherd on Florida

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this comment was so interesting it deserved its own thread; "Florida is a real dumpster fire right now - a dumpster fire that is only an hour away from being a great team with the right coach." It's interesting to hear a national take on UF and Muschamp instead of the usual local hacks. I would also add the Florida needs a QB, and maybe Treon Harris with first team reps for two weeks will be that guy.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n88352 said:
I thought this comment was so interesting it deserved its own thread; "Florida is a real dumpster fire right now - a dumpster fire that is only an hour away from being a great team with the right coach." It's interesting to hear a national take on UF and Muschamp instead of the usual local hacks. I would also add the Florida needs a QB, and maybe Treon Harris with first team reps for two weeks will be that guy.

I could not agree more. The next coach is walking into a gold mine.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not the biggest fan of Cowherd but his right a lot of times and spot on with this one.

SVP and Russillo have been on point as well.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cowherd spoke very highly of UF during the Urban era, even in Urban's last year. I haven't listened to him in several years, but I certainly don't disagree with what he said.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anybody can argue with the "dumpster" fire comment. I'm still not sure the offensive talent is where we need it to be. If Treon or Will turn out to be the real deal then that will make a huge difference, but I still see holes at WR and OL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it could be a fairly quick turn around myself. Atleast we're getting some love somewhere.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cowherd has always been critical of Muschamp. Even in 2012 when we were having success Cowherd said Muschamp was basically Lane Kiffin - a totally unqualified guy with no business landing the job he is in.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n88401 said:
Cowherd has always been critical of Muschamp. Even in 2012 when we were having success Cowherd said Muschamp was basically Lane Kiffin - a totally unqualified guy with no business landing the job he is in.

Cowherd also always rooted for Kiffin, and bashed Muschamp. Saying that it isn't logical, but he is a fan.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He's right in this case, or at least I hope he is. There are some nice building blocks for the next coach but we need stud athletic offensive linemen in the next class and so far only George Brown 4* as a verbal. What's the odds of getting Ivey at this point? The turmoil can't be helping.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Dumpster Fire? He was being kind, but we do have some great kids and talent.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Totally agree with Colin. Uf is still a top 5 job and can turn quickly with the right coach

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a big fan of the Cowturd but in this instance I have to agree with him. And that "hour away quote", I really wonder if he knew what he was saying. But with Cowturd, I am sure he knew exactly what he was saying.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me on this but the most frustrating thing is that I feel like we are almost as talented as any team in the country....yet we are so far away.
By the way does anyone else think that Ox sounds just like Colon Cowturd on his podcast ?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n88501 said:
I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me on this but the most frustrating thing is that I feel like we are almost as talented as any team in the country....yet we are so far away.
By the way does anyone else think that Ox sounds just like Colon Cowturd on his podcast ?

Only disagree on our talent level at the WR and QB position. I've said this before, after you watch five minutes of FSU, Notre Dame, Bama, Ole Miss, Miss St, etc, you see them making plays at WR and you compare that to our guys who are lucky to catch even a ball right on the money. And of course, we literally have the worst QB play in the country. Everywhere else, we're as good as anyone.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n88501 said:

Crete I think our guys are that talented but we have a staff that just cannot seem to get them to excel. Add the deficient QB piece of the puzzle and that adds to it. Not so far away IMO with the right coach.

As far as Ox sounding like Cowturd, nah. He sounds better than the Turd.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;88501 said:
I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me on this but the most frustrating thing is that I feel like we are almost as talented as any team in the country....yet we are so far away. By the way does anyone else think that Ox sounds just like Colon Cowturd on his podcast ?
No...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.