Colin Cowherd on Florida

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly is having too much success to leave. Unfortunately. Because I would run down the street screaming with delight if that happened.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n89090 said:
sofla is a bigger Eagles fan than Gator fan. :lol:

Not at all. I just think there are qualified candidates available that could come in and win, that wouldn't require me losing on the other side. I'd obviously by happy to have CK. I'd just rather look at other options. I also doubt he's even remotely interested considering how well things have gone in Philly so far. The Saban reference is perfect, except for their respective success in the NFL. To me, that's what makes this all moot.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n89098 said:
Not at all. I just think there are qualified candidates available that could come in and win, that wouldn't require me losing on the other side. I'd obviously by happy to have CK. I'd just rather look at other options. I also doubt he's even remotely interested considering how well things have gone in Philly so far. The Saban reference is perfect, except for their respective success in the NFL. To me, that's what makes this all moot.

I agree that CK coming here will not happen.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
soflagator;n89089 said:
crazy-funny-gifs-groundhog-day-punch.gif

I love that Bill Murry gif.....

:clap:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree that Kelly is a looong shot. You still make the call. It's okay to be told "no thanks" from the Chip Kelly's of the world. It's not like Tennessee, where guys like Muschamp and Cutcliffe were telling them to get lost.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n88903 said:
They have the best ESPN radio show.

Mike and Mike is crushing svp and rusilo

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89095 said:
Kelly is having too much success to leave. Unfortunately. Because I would run down the street screaming with delight if that happened.

You wouldn't be alone! :)

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89092 said:
"The name that I keep hearing around the country is Chip Kelly. And everybody says, 'well, he's the Philadelphia Eagle coach.' But he really is the kind of guy that needs to come in there and take over that program because of instant offense, you saw what he did at Oregon, he had a tremendous career as an assistant coach at New Hampshire, He would be a vital cog in recruiting in the state of Florida, and if for some reason he turned it down — and I'm sure he would certainly think about whether to stay with the Eagles or not — he's got to remember what Nick Saban did. He left the Miami Dolphins and went to Alabama and subsequently we've seen what he's done, plus he's making $7 million a year."

http://247sports.com/Bolt/ESPNs-Cowherd-Phillys-Kelly-Would-Listen-If-Florida-Calls-32271374

I think Saban would develop esophageal spasms if Kelly were hired!:chomp:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n89117 said:
Mike Golic is the most annoying person in the United States, possibly the Galaxy

I think Greenberg is the worst...or is it Greenie? He has about zero clue, other than maybe baseball, but that doesn't really count anymore. I can understand people not liking Golic, as I'm not a huge fan. Definitely better options during the ESPN day. Heck, Finebaum is better than Mike and Mike.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol I'm sure chip Kelly wants to leave his one loss eagles to come back and deal with the ncaa

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
CapitalGator02;n89117 said:
Mike Golic is the most annoying person in the United States, possibly the Galaxy

I think Greenberg is the worst...or is it Greenie? He has about zero clue, other than maybe baseball, but that doesn't really count anymore. I can understand people not liking Golic, as I'm not a huge fan. Definitely better options during the ESPN day. Heck, Finebaum is better than Mike and Mike.
Merrill Hoge is my least favorite. I want to throw something at the tv every time he says "National Football League" instead of NFL like a normal person. Stephen a Smith is really bad too but at least he is pretty contained to first take so I can avoid him.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd put the percentages of Chip Kelly to Florida at about 5% right now. However, I'd put Bob Stoops to Florida at about 55%. Twitter is still buzzing about Stoops-Florida.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The difference between Saban going to Bama and Kelly coming here is that Saban was failing hardcore in the NFL. Kelly isn't.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n89204 said:
The difference between Saban going to Bama and Kelly coming here is that Saban was failing hardcore in the NFL. Kelly isn't.

^^ Truth.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is really no reason for Kelly to come to Florida. He's doing great in the NFL, the top level of coaching, and he's getting paid a boat load of money. The only reason he might "listen" is to see if we are willing to make him the highest paid coach in college football. We couldn't offer a penny less than 7 million/ year and have him take us seriously, and it would probably take 7.5+ to even make it a possibility, IMO.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
URGatorBait;n89217 said:
There is really no reason for Kelly to come to Florida. He's doing great in the NFL, the top level of coaching, and he's getting paid a boat load of money. The only reason he might "listen" is to see if we are willing to make him the highest paid coach in college football. We couldn't offer a penny less than 7 million/ year and have him take us seriously, and it would probably take 7.5+ to even make it a possibility, IMO.

The other problem with a guy like Kelly is that he clearly has, or at least had, a desire to try the NFL. And as I pointed out above, unlike Saban and Spurrier, he didn't fail. So where those guys would likely never go that route again, Kelly would be at the top of every NFL team's list virtually every season. And at some point, he'd bite. Unless he just despises the NFL experience (which doesn't seem to be the case), he wouldn't be a long term solution at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.