College basketball is about to be flipped on its head

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

It’s one thing to see Kentucky and other programs/coaches with checkered pasts on that list. But Duke & Coach K...the paragons of virtue, the team that never even commits personal fouls (according to the refs), academically elite and superior in every way over the rest of us and UNC in particular (even their lacrosse team was exonerated in that fiasco)...

(Edit: “He said with dripping sarcasm...”)

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It’s one thing to see Kentucky and other programs/coaches with checkered pasts on that list. But Duke & Coach K...the paragons of virtue, the team that never even commits personal fouls (according to the refs), academically elite and superior in every way over the rest of us and UNC in particular (even their lacrosse team was exonerated in that fiasco)...

Are you saying you actually believed that?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Are you saying you actually believed that?

Did my dripping sarcasm not come through?

That is how the media have portrayed them my entire life. That has long irritated me. No, I’m not so naive as to think any institution is immune from corruption nor that Duke in particular is as lily pure as their image. But they do stand out in that list because of image.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I probably should’ve responded with “not sure if serious? ” I had my suspicions.

Edited my comment above with further clarity. May edit the other, too. If it’s not clear to you others will have the same reaction.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Has anyone ever listened to Coach K's radio show? Flat out monotonous. You'll want to slit your wrists after five minutes. There's gotta be cash behind Duke recruiting, because I can't see him wowing anyone in a living room on a visit.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DW0AQPsXUAAKbCi.jpg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Edited my comment above with further clarity. May edit the other, too. If it’s not clear to you others will have the same reaction.

To be fair, I was just waking up. House re-wiring project wore me out last night.

Sarcasm noted and appreciated.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I’m so thankful to not see the Good Guys implemented in any of this. For all the things that Foley messed up around these parts, he kept the gator brand unsullied by all of this mess.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’m so thankful to not see the Good Guys implemented in any of this. For all the things that Foley messed up around these parts, he kept the gator brand unsullied by all of this mess.

Thank Billy D(not the guy who killed our football program). He made comments alluding to leaving because of it(wow, it wasn't the fans that drove Billy away...weird).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

He was around to witness the ncaa sanctions in the 80s, so I would think that left a lasting impression. I just saw LDR twitted, “it’s happening everywhere, trust me.” I’m not naive enough to believe our players are perfectly clean, but I sure hope UF hasn’t made it easy for that culture to exist.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Miller is fired for cause, his contract is written in such a way that he would still receive more than 85 percent of the money he is owed through May 31, 2022. However, he would lose a longevity bonus of an undisclosed amount, which Arizona was due to pay him in May 2020.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
So UK is in deep ****. Knox dad said no one met with the guy, UK clears it within 24 hours. Someone met with him 100% so Knox's dad lied. Clear as day. They are trying to say the guy that is the basis of probably 15 arrests in the end, 15 years of records, everything been accurate so far....but the 1 name that is fake is Knox.....lol. 1 thing comes out more that I'd on Knox and UK....they are done

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m so thankful to not see the Good Guys implemented in any of this. For all the things that Foley messed up
Fvkk

Fooley

What kind of soorts agent would want to try to sign our players? None.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Momentarily, watching Creighton vs Villanova. Most all these players seem elite. So, I wonder if announcers are gonna be hesitant about bragging about how these coaches sure can recruit, etc due to fretting on who may show up on that FBI fraud list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator